• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by LeoBinkowski

1. LeoBinkowski

The Official Nabu PC Floppy Disk Controller thread

very interesting, I've got to try this, I have NABU floppy images that wasn't generating coherent files Leo
  2. LeoBinkowski

NABUduino: a PCB for SD cards, PS/2 mice, and tinkering.

How will the SD card be represented? As a CP/M hard drive, or cache for network adapters?
  3. LeoBinkowski

Thank you very much for the nabuDUINO package, @bdurbrow . I quickly checked the contents and put it with the wrapped NABUs. I'll be pulling it out to try in a few weeks, when I plan to do the repair cycle on a couple of my crankier NPCs.
  4. LeoBinkowski

NABU PC Emulation under MAME

The definitions in https://github.com/LeoBinkowski/NABU/blob/main/nabu-title-z80-example/COMMON.MRO describe the device numbers: ; ; DEVICE NUMBERS FOR KEYBOARD HANDLER ; KEYSTROKE EQU 01H ; Keystroke device number JSTCK1 EQU 02H ; Joystick 1 device number JSTCK2...
  5. LeoBinkowski

Will any Arduino nano work? I see all kinds of models and manufacturers: https://www.sparkfun.com/search/results?term=arduino+nano
  6. LeoBinkowski

NABU floppy treasures VEX me

I have a collection of floppies that contain many treasures of NABU. For those that have been following the saga, I have 192 of them I need to analyze. It looks like this: I use a Greaseweazle to extract a SCP file, I use HxCFloppyEmulator to create an image, and cpmtools to extract it. Any...
  7. LeoBinkowski

Bummer. I'll have to wait for greater capacity to perform an actual build properly, or try to get the crank turning on the functional hardware I do have.
  8. LeoBinkowski

One problem I have is that I can't write to those CHD files while CP/M is running, so I gotta use floppy images for the actual building, but the floppy images do not have capacity for all the source. Did anyone create a DSDD img file to be used with the floppy subsystem that is writable?
  9. LeoBinkowski

I'm using the hdd.chd that was supplied by you originally. I did manage to get stuff transferred to it, though. M80 and L80 are working. I don't plan to dump the old hard drive until I have access to better expertise and tools. I think I can build the development image from the floppy images...
  10. LeoBinkowski

Ok, cool, I thought F had something. E does show something similar. Thank you! I knew it was simple.
  11. LeoBinkowski

I think I've managed to collect most of the files of a development environment that would at least build Pac-Man, Q*Bert, and Miner 2049er. Our dev environment was set up on E and F. It would include M80, L80, and some other goodies including SUPERCPM. Following instructions earlier in the...
  12. LeoBinkowski

MCLZ8 fun with NABU

I liked the TRS-80 from the start, because it had a much nicer keyboard than the Commodore PET, which appeared at around the same time, and roughly the same level of graphics.
  13. LeoBinkowski

MCLZ8 fun with NABU

I eagerly await your final version of these boards, since I can see many uses for such a tiny in circuit emulator when understanding the NABU. The one I used back in the day was the size of a medium PC tower but allowed me to fine tune the timing of PAC-MAN and Q*Bert by stopping things dead...
  14. LeoBinkowski

Bad disk image?

U6 looks like 74LS86 U9 MC1489P U10 74LS74
  15. LeoBinkowski

MCLZ8 fun with NABU

Since the Teensy 4.0 has 7 serial ports, perhaps we can try emulating them. Another thing is to use up some of that RAM to boot a 720K floppy image emulation. I have a Teensy 4.0 and 4.1 on the way, so I'm excited to put them to use. I purchased some 232MAX chips with DB9 connectors to see if...
Back