• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by mattm16

1. M

Not Enough Memory Question

So, in config.sys, I do not need DOS=HIGH,UMB? And I don't need the Shell, Buffers, etc lines?
  2. M

Attached is the output of the Config.Sys, and Autoexec.bat files
  3. M

Thanks - yes I am using DOS=High,UMB. I will post the autoexec.bat and config.sys later this weekend or next week.
  4. M

They are older games like Police Quest 1 and Police Quest 3. They do not need the CD ROM. If I do a MEM/C |more, it does show that CTMOUSE, and SETVER are using Upper Memory, and MSDOS, HIMEM, OAKCDROM, EMM386, Command, and Smartdrv are using Conventional. It also shows that Conventional...
  5. M

Hello: I have a Pentium PC with an issue with a few games stating not enough memory. If I take out the CD ROM lines in the Autoexec.bat and Config.sys files, the game loads fine; however, I cannot manually initialize the CD ROM without the line in the Config.sys file. When I put the line in...
  6. M

How do I see how much memory in DOS?

Mine did not. I'm not sure if it is incompatible memory or not. I mean, its Packard Bell, but I thought at least the manual would be correct (unless there was an update that I didn't have)
  7. M

Error When Upgrading Hard Drive

Sorry, I have discovered the Seagate is a bad drive - I bought it on eBay, and it is bad. I have several drives sitting around here that are SATA, and am using the lowest capacity one. Now, I did set it to Type 1, and OnTrack boots successfully. It doesn't detect a drive though - I have the...
  8. M

This is what I did: I did manage to partition the drive so it has a 2GB partition and that was formatted for FAT16. If the adapter is not jumpered as Slave, the PC will not boot. I do get a "Fixed Disk Error" on startup. I am not 100% sure what to set the settings in the BIOS to. If the...
  9. M

So, I have the IDE cable connected to the adapter, and the drive connected to the adapter. I did get it to boot as jumpering the adapter as Slave. (Still receive error on boot of invalid configuration in BIOS) However, no matter what selection I set the hard drive to, when I boot of either...
  10. M

I did try a SATA to PATA adapter, and it doesn't work also. Are these not compatible? I do have the hard drive formatted to FAT 32
  11. M

Packard Bell Legend 610 Boot Error

The new drive came in today, and the error does not appear. Thank you for your suggestions
  12. M

Hello Again: Sorry for all the questions, but here is another one. I recently got a Seagate ST51080A Hard drive, and I do know that I need to use a drive overlay software. I have a Packard Bell Legend 610. I have EZ Drive on a bootable floppy, and I have verified that it does recognize the...
  13. M

Well, we will see. I am only following what the manual says in the Table. It states you can use 4- 256k, 4-1MB, or 4- 4MB sticks.
  14. M

I was going by the manual that said the max was 4mb chips. It has a 82C392 and a 82C495 Chip on the motherboard. The power supply I put in is an AT Power Supply.
Back