• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by menkelis

1. M

Imsai 808 Front Panel Woes

The reason why the DRAM board is not accepting writes to memory from the front panel is because the memory card requires the generation of sWO* on pin 97, which the front panel does not create. If you had a ROM monitor then the DRAM card would work because the CPU card would pulse pin 97 on...
  2. M

Help LOMAC LM-25 A S-100 Desk Computer

One of the people I knew at TEK was Chuck Forsberg who went on to creating the ZMODEM file transfer protocol and program.
  3. M

I don’t believe so. Because of my work related to the Lomac, I did meet one of the original founders of Tektronix while he was on a tour of our microelectronics facility known as building 59. My rewrite improved testing performance by 75% allowing us to catch and rework out of spec wafers...
  4. M

I used to program at Textronix their Lomac LM-80’s serial numbers 65 & 68 In 1980. There were used in the microelectronics division for doing in-process wafer testing and reworking. The LM-80 had twice the number of channels as the LM-25. The main computer was a Vector Graphic chassis, with a...
  5. M

RAMdisk under CP/M 2.2

In case anyone is using CompuPro M-DRIVE/H cards I have created a GitHub repo with drivers and test programs that I wrote, including a self-installing CP/M driver. The URL is https://github.com/menkelis/CompuPro
  6. M

M Drive-H board

Completed debug, now have fully functional self install driver.
  7. M

Compupro Mdrive-h driver for non-Compupro machines

Completed debug, now have fully functional self install driver.
  8. M

M Drive-H board

Tracking down the errors in my cp/m driver still. I did get my memory test program working and pushed the code to GitHub.
  9. M

Compupro Mdrive-h driver for non-Compupro machines

Just updated GitHub code for the memory test program I wrote “MTEST”. I am using simh to debug my cp/m driver, and will be adding self sizing code soon.
  10. M

M Drive-H board

I just pushed code to my GitHub repo. The self-installer MDRIVE seems to be working, at least MFORM works, and a dir of M: works. CP/M stat of M: returns 504K free on a formatted drive. I am seeing some other errors, but I am also seeing lots of strange errors on my floppy drive which I am also...
  11. M

M Drive-H board

Turns out the M-DRIVE/H card is fine, I forgot to increment the testing address by 128 after each data block. Also the “random” pattern test is a little buggy, but the static pattern test’s seem just fine. I used MFORM and added a read-only test to my test program, and was able to see the...
  12. M

M Drive-H board

Quick update. I think my M-DRIVE/H has a bad chip. The memory test I wrote says that data pattern E5 is good, but everything else I try writing is bad. For my next test, I will remove a single row of chips, and see if I get the expected fail. I had also remove chips in bank 0, bits 0-3 and my...
  13. M

M Drive-H board

I am about 50% done with my MTEST memory test program. It currently just fills and tests with a static E5 value, but I will replace that with s pseudo random pattern (the code from Vector Graphic RAM test). I will leave in the code the use of E5 as a fill value because that is also known as a...
  14. M

M Drive-H board

Yes, the Program I made takes two arguments, the first is “-drive” the second is area address of a 1K block above the BIOS. So you must use MOVCPM to create a 63K or smaller system to use the driver. MDRIVE -M FC00 would make a drive “M“ and load the driver at FC00 which is requires a 63K CP/M...
  15. M

M Drive-H board

The driver gets installed correctly, and my MDRIVE is recognized. but I think that I might have missed something because after running MFORM I get sector error when trying to get a directory listing. I am now writing a memory test program to check all sectors. I did a very simple test that...
Back