• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by minty

1. M

Lanier Model 103 rebranded AES Superplus IV Word Processor.

I've just got hold of one of these beasties. I would love to get hold of the copy disk and the CP/M disk - and an extended memory board too. The machine works, but I'd love to be able to use it for more.
  2. M

Exidy Sorcerer with Liveport FDM 180

Hi all! Just so you know, I've currently got JonB's FDM 180, sitting in a very large pile of things I REALLY must fix. Here's what the 'Brief Installation and Operating Instructions' have to say on the subject of the DIP switches ...
  3. M

If you have a 3D printer, heres a 5.25" full height to 3.5" floppy adapter I designed

Just a quick note to say thank you to redruM69 - I've just had your adapter printed and it fitted perfectly inside my Sharp MZ-80K's external drive bay. Doesn't it look smart? :)
  4. M

Please help me revive a Pet 2001!

Hi! Location set (hello from Cambridge, England), computer turned the right way up! (no idea why it got turned, I'll watch out for that in the future). So ... I opened her up, and blimey, it's filthy in there - see attached. I pushed down on all the socketed chips, turned it on, and wow, she...
  5. M

Please help me revive a Pet 2001!

Hi all! I hope you can help me. I thought I should try and revive my beloved 2001. It's been a talking point in my office for ever, but it hasn't been turned on for over 10 years - last time I tried it appeared to be dead, and fear of electrocuting myself by touching the wrong part of the CRT...
  6. M

Seiko Wrist Computers - anyone know anything about them?

Hi all, I've been reading up on Seiko wrist computers, after spotting this on eBay - A Seiko RC-4000 datagraph watch. This is the picture that really did it for me - a different but similar watch - wow, this little machine (seems to) run MS Basic. Oh, now I want one! But I'm still a little...
  7. M

The OPD on Ebay - something a bit different!

Just spotted this on ebay - an ICL 'One per desk'. Remember them? A Sinclair QL with a proper keyboard and, err, a built in phone? If you're interested, you'll have to move quick - 12 hours to run!
  8. M

The ultimate 8bit system and OS?

Hi all - here's a challenge for you ... If you wanted to create the ultimate, maxed out 8bit system, what would you build? Personally, I'm thinking about either an OS/9 system on a Tandy CoCo, or GEOS on a Commodore: http://www.nitros9.org/screens.html...
  9. M

Nitros9 on the Dragon 64 or CoCo ...

Blimey, is it really 27 years since I was bought my first Dragon 32 (a UK Coco clone)? Well, in a fit of nostalgia, I thought a fun project for the winter would be to build myself the totally maxed out, fully specced mega-dragon I could never afford at the far off age of 15 (but always dreamed...
Back