• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by mita99

1. M

486 Troubleshooting assistance... data lines all high etc

Well got some progress based on your experience... I double checked every free component place seeking for lost components. I found one capacitor and two resistors. Guessed the values and installed them. The good news is that the clock enable signal is good now and cpu clocks are generated. The...
  2. M

HP 35470A SCSI tape drive repair

Hi, I am trying to repair a HP35470a scsi tape drive. I got the drive in the following condition: - adaptec controller recognized correctly the drive - was able to feed with cleaning cartridge and eject using Tapemate backup sw I feed with a normal tape and tried to initialize the tape but...
  3. M

486 Troubleshooting assistance... data lines all high etc

Hi, thank you your post! It is quite common symptom you described, a completely dead MB, no activity at all. Your work of desoldering is really payed off, congrats. It is nota a noob job to desolder - solder a 160 pin chip with no pad tore and a working chip at the end. You were lucky because...
  4. M

Zortech C++ missing Zed

Hi, I am in the instllation of a vintage Zortech C++ 3.1 compiler package from 1991. The installation is about 9 floppy discs. With a small bumps the install went right but I am missing the Zed editor (zed.exe?), I was not able to find it in the BIN directory. Could anybody help me where and...
  5. M

Zortech C++ 3.0

Hi Chuck, I know it is an old post, but is there a chance to get it? Hope you have it now.
Back