• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Mk.558

1. M

Thin Client information

So I obtained a ... Diskless Workstations model TK-3750/800. It's obviously a thin client. I called them up to ask if they had a manual for it. No, they did not. It didn't come with a power supply. Looks like a 2.5mm barrel jack which accepts 5V and wants 6A of current on tap. I'll have to...
  2. M

The Great VCF Data Transfer Time Thread

Hi there, I have a section that I'm working on that I'd like to populate with some more data. It's a subject concerning data transfer rates, as calculated with a stopwatch and the size of the file. The idea is to find out the size of the file, note it, and then copy or duplicate it. The...
  3. M

Presenting -- CMN 3.0!

After many months of labor, I'd like to present Classic Mac Networking, version 3. In it, you'll find much useful information about AFP networking, FTP, PPP-passthrough, terminal data transfer, how to use disk images, some sample data transfer speeds, and more. I don't frequent this forum...
  4. M

How many Sinclair Z88s are out there?

I've thought about taking a good look at one of these. eBay doesn't show these very often. I'm in the lower 48 states of the USA. Best if: You have some Flash cards for it, manual(s) since I am wholly unfamarilar with BASIC and the unit itself, and a serial cable I can use to use to get data...
  5. M

Price question!

A couple of months ago there was a lead to clean out a garage of computer stuff in California. I went there and we were searching through boxes and what not, and suddenly there was a brand-new Apple //e looking at me. Still in the original box, "light pink" wrapper, the 5.25" disks and manuals...
Back