• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by mondoshawan

1. mondoshawan

Mobilon band size for DC2000-size QIC carts?

I just recently ran into a set of DecTape II carts with bad bands that haven't been archived yet. Mind if I ask for a few from you? 15 is how many I'll need, if you don't mind.
  2. mondoshawan

WTD: HP 9153C Internal Hard Drive

Sorry to necro, but I have the same drive, actually. That is decidedly not standard IDE -- they have power over the connector and no other means of powering it. IDE does not specify +5V or +12V over the ribbon cable anywhere except extended 44-pin connectors.
  3. mondoshawan

Can someone help me identify this?

Done! Thank you very much! ^,^
  4. mondoshawan

Haha -- okay. Lemme try -- I was a bit new as well.
  5. mondoshawan

Also of note, that board is totally useless without the adjoining PSU/control board: I'm attempting to get these things as documented as I can, since the H27 has nearly no docs at all, so additional "specimens" are in my wheelhouse.
  6. mondoshawan

H7864 (BA23 Power Supply) Modern Replacement Now Available

I worked with @Alegend on this one, and while $1k was a bit expensive, it was worth it. I now have one in my BA23 chassis and it works like a dream. Well done, and thank you!
  7. mondoshawan

If you're willing to part with it, I have another H27 here that has a totally destroyed controller board that I would like to fix up. Please PM me, if you're interested.
  8. mondoshawan

Yes, it simulates both an RX01, as well as Heathkit's extended variant of the drives. In extended mode, you can use those drives to format RX01 compatible disks at the ODT prompt.
  9. mondoshawan

That's a floppy controller board for a heathkit H27 dual floppy drive. Works with an H19 terminal and an H11 PDP-11 / LSI-11 minicomputer kit computer from Heathkit. Looks like this: The board goes in the *bottom* of the H27. If you have the tooling, ROM images from those ROMs would be ideal...
  10. mondoshawan

Working on a couple of SMC-70s

Maybe contact Bitsavers? Al doesn't have any of these manuals up there, and probably should. :P
  11. mondoshawan

Heathkit h-11a and h27 disk drive

FWIW, there are more than just the one EPROM for the Z80 on the controller board -- there's two other ROMs as well, according to the WH27 schematics.
  12. mondoshawan

Heathkit h-11a and h27 disk drive

Hoping to get an image of these during VCFSW from my working H27 if I can. With any luck, I'll see about handing it off to Bitsavers to archive once I've got it.
  13. mondoshawan

If anybody still has physical manuals, it would be good to try to get these things imaged properly. The service manual I linked has the entire BOM, schematic, and board layout for this machine, so it should be possible (modulo any GALs or ROMs, of course) to make a new machine from it. The copy...
  14. mondoshawan

Okay, so, I found (what seems to be) the only copy of the owner's manual and the service manual on the 'net. I hate to link it, since it seems like a scummy site, but it's at https://www.manuals-in-pdf.com/download-SMC70-SONY-p-473259.html and...
  15. mondoshawan

Incidentally, there are more disks up on archive.org here: https://archive.org/details/smc70-disks
Back