• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by MrGatoGrande

1. M

STG 4399 memory card info

It is definitely the "Super RIO" as you pointed out, here's the complete description...
  2. M

Wow, you're actually right! I have the card in real life and looking at it looks like a G, but looking at the picture I sent, it's totally a B! This is a great first step to figuring out how this works!
  3. M

I recently acquired this 8 bit card. Seems to be a combo of memory expansion + serial + parallel ports. I was wondering if someone had seen one of these before or had any idea how to configure it. I have a 5160 clone motherboard with 256k on board. I'm trying to use this card to get to 512k...
  4. M

EPOX 8KTA3+ picture

That's one I replaced. It was burned out and so the CPU fan wasn't working. It works now but yeah... not the best job, my solder tip is too big.
  5. M

EPOX 8KTA3+ picture

@GiGaBiTe That is the cable pinout. Viewed on the motherboard connector it has to be mirrored vertically:
  6. M

EPOX 8KTA3+ picture

Well, so it seems I was completely off track. When turned on I can definitely measure 3.3 volts on the memory and on the chips pins. It almost like this motherboard is deriving the 3.3v from some of the 5v lines and not using the 3.3v that comes from the PSU, witch matches what T-R-A was saying...
  7. M

EPOX 8KTA3+ picture

That makes sense. What doesn't add up to me is why the right side connects to all the 3.3v pins of chips across the board (RAM, south bridge, etc) while the left side doesn't have any continuity to anything at all, except for the 3.3v pins on the connector.
  8. M

EPOX 8KTA3+ picture

Good morning all, I recently acquired a non-working EPOX 8KTA3+ motherboard for repair. This is a beautiful Socket A motherboard. Checking the continuity on the 3.3v line, it's like this line disappears after the ATX connector. No continuity with any other part of the board. It looks like...
  9. M

XTIDE Universal BIOS

Hello all and apologies if this is not the right channel to ask this question. First of all thanks so much for the work you've done in this. I am trying to do one of two things with a custom build of XT Universal Bios A - Hide the Hotkey Bar while still maintaining it's functionality with key...
Back