• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by N3rd

1. N

Macintosh Classic II Analog board randomly restart

Could the issue come from the crt itself and not the analog board ?
  2. N

Thank for your reply. I have try to reflow most of the solder. Unfortunately, it has changed nothing.
  3. N

Hi everybody, I am curently trying to revive a Macintosh Classic II. I have trouble with the analog board : it randomly restart. Most of the time, on a cold boot, the computer first enter in a restart loop. It restart every 5 or 10 seconds and after some time it finally boots and works...
  4. N

Macintosh Plus Analog Board Repair

I finnaly had to replace Q2 (BU406) and CR1 (GI854).
  5. N

The analog board is back to life. I now have to deal with some logic board issues but it is another story.
  6. N

The Q2 transistor (BU406) was indeed defective. After replaced it, I now have a startup song but still no display. CR1 (GI854) is also defective.
  7. N

I think that the issue comes from Q2.
  8. N

Hi everyone, I am currently trying to revive a Macintosh Plus. When I power it on, the display is dark and there is no startup song. I have checked the resistance accross CR5. I mesure 16.6 ohms. It seems to indicate a defective flyback. However, even after swapped the flyback with one that I...
  9. N

Macintosh classic with full grey screen (no mousse pointor) nor startup song

Hi everyone, I am currently trying to save a Macintosh Classic logic board. Currently, the computer only display a full grey with no mouse pointor (see linked picture) and don't produce the startup song. This is a macintosh classic sold "for parts" that I am trying to ressurect. When I received...
  10. N

Reset switch reference on Macintosh Classic.

Hi everyone, I am currently trying to save a Macintosh Classic logic board. I need to replace the two reset switches (the part 6 on the linked picture) on it. Does someone can tell me the reference of these or a link where I can buy new ones. Thank you for your help.
  11. N

Low 12v line Macintosh SE - Sony CR-44 PSU

Hi everyone, I am currently restoring a Macintosh SE FDHD. I have recapped its Sony CR-44 PSU. The end of the recapping operation is to set the output voltage. The 5v line works perfectly, I have set it to 5.3v. However, I am really worried about the 12v lines. The first one (red cable)...
Back