• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by nadaveiron

1. N

Micro PDP-11/23 Project - Question about rebuilding Ultrix-11 Kernel with TCPIP

Is this an H9278-A? If so, you have a gap before the RQDX3. The Q Bus is serpentine. It goes in slots 1-3 AB, but then 4AB->4CD->5CD->5AB. You have the RQDX in 5AB and nothing in 5CD. Page 1-12 here for more details...
  2. N

PDP11 - LSI11/02 and RQDX3

The top 8KB/4KW of address space is by default memory mapped I/O (notice the CSR address 176500, for example, falls in that space), so it's expected that the RAM there is unusable.
  3. N

More storage treasure: KDJ11-D/S (PDP11/53?) in H9275A cage with analogue, async, SCSI, ether

11/53 doesn't have cache, so one less thing to worry about.
  4. N

DECStation 5000/120 PSU (H7286-AA) troubleshooting info?

One correction - it's H7826-AA, though I suspect the lack of responses is not a result of the typo.
  5. N

DECStation 5000/120 PSU (H7286-AA) troubleshooting info?

Hi folks, I'm trying to resurrect a DECStation 5000/120 that I got in an unknown state. For starters, it won't turn on. The fuses are good, and the capacitors in the input section of the power supply look good on visual inspection (no signs of smoke/burns, bulging etc). There is one bulged...
  6. N

MicroVAX Drive list

May be easier to get a ZuluSCSI RP2040 or a similar device. You can just copy these images over. It's the easiest way to get software on SCSI computers IMHO. Just copy to an SD card.
  7. N

MicroVAX Drive list

VMS calls it an interactive boot. Instructions on how to do that on a MicroVAX are here (for example).
  8. N

RSX-11M Scripting language for (I assume) RMS databases

Are you thinking of DTR? (datatrieve-11)
  9. N

Ultimate PDP-8 ideas thread

I would love to see a Unibone/QBone like device for the OmniBus. That probably covers most of the items on your Omnibus list, as long as someone writes the software (other than the logic analyzer probe).
  10. N

DEC MicroVax 2000

There are tips on how to do just that here (never tried it myself - I installed my MV2000 from a physical TK50z, so YMMV).
  11. N

Vax 4000 Model 108 - console won't accept any input, reset of some sort possible ?

You need to dismount it before trying to mount it /system... With the device unmounted (and online) you want to issue mount/system dka100: user01.
  12. N

PDP-11/34 restoration

Not exactly what you asked for, but I found these videos to be very informative (and fun to watch) as well.
  13. N

Alphaserver DS10L

ZuluSCSI is your friend... Copy the ISO image, hook it up, and it should just work.
  14. N

Alphaserver DS10L

If you really want video on a DS10L your best bet is to find a DEPVZ-AA, which is a combo card of video + SCSI + 100 mbps Ethernet in one PCI slot. They're not that rare.
  15. N

RXV21 mods to support Micro PDP 11/73

There's some info here, though I never tried to modify one based on these instructions.
Back