• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by NTL1991

1. N

Dug up a neat AT&T 286 - Take a look!

Thanks guys. The PSU is coming in Friday, and this is coming in today: I accidentally threw out the last PS/2 mouse I had a while ago; thought I had another one around somewhere... Oh well. I guess I HAD to get this one :P I don't think it was a bad deal at $12.50 including shipping, new in...
  2. N

More progress on the machine! I had to deal with the defective Dallas RTC chip right away. Luckily, WD decided to provide a socket rather than soldering directly to the board. This made my modifications rather easy. I gained access to the chip's battery contacts, and soldered a battery I had...
  3. N

Haven't touched my 12th Edition of Scott Mueller's Upgrading and Repairing PC's in close to 5 years. But here it is, back on my desk... The reason? Well I dug up an AT&T Model 6286/EL WGS Desktop I pulled the cover, it's stamped September 1990 on the bottom. Massive amounts of dust! Massive...
  4. N

Adapting Sony 40-Pin SLCD Proprietary CD-ROM Iinterface for IDE Compatible Drive

Hello, I've got a bit of a problem. I'm in the process of getting a piece of GenRad automotive test equipment, more specifically, a Jaguar PDU (Portable Diagnostic Unit) from 1993 up and running. The problem is not with the touchscreen PDU unit itself, but rather the "base station module" which...
  5. N

1993 Sony CD Caddy CD-ROM Drive Proprietary Interface SLCD (40-pin NON IDE)

Hello everyone, I've got a bit of a problem. I'm in the process of getting a piece of automotive diagnostic equipment working again. Specifically it's a Jaguar PDU, or Portable Diagnostic Unit. The unit is a touch-screen diagnostic computer that interfaces with a "base station" which charges...
Back