• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

pearce_jj's latest activity

• P
    pearce_jj reacted to Kanpai's post in the thread IBM 5155 keyboard cable... very oily with Like Like.
    I noticed the same oily substance on the cable of one of mine 5155. According to mass spectra analysis I conducted, this is likely...
  • P
    pearce_jj reacted to Hak Foo's post in the thread ISA USB board with Like Like.
    Been doing some light cleanup today. The startup messages are a bit terser (I didn't like that we were getting to the point where were...
  • P
    Re main battery - the mAh capacity really doesn't matter - it just defines the run-time. More mAh will give more run time. Provided it's...
  • P
    D-cell type are still available as used in some home alarm systems, for example...
  • P
    pearce_jj reacted to ross.dykes's post in the thread Tandy 1400 Lo-Tech XT-CF Help with Like Like.
    Yes, it's been working just fine as long as only 1 floppy drive is installed. It does work with both installed if you modify the xt-ide...
  • P
    Uggh. I see the issue now. The way you described it originally, I thought FDISK was failing to launch at all. I was able to replicate...
  • P
    pearce_jj replied to the thread ISA USB board.
    At least on 5160, it will need to use slot 8 or have a physical connection to the ROM socket(s). I’ve documented why here...
  • P
    One challenge might be that the system board buffers make placement difficult. On 5160 for example, we cannot DMA from slot 8 but I...
  • P
    Well, the point of DISK_IN_BOUND was to be able to blow up early in a request if you asked for a sector beyond what the disc's reported...
  • P
    The shadow function can potentially improve performance only on machines with 16-bit memory bus - 8086, v30, and 286 machines basically.
  • P
    I wanted to share my latest project, the MCL86+, which is a drop-in 8088 replacement board for the IBM PC/XT and clones. It uses a...
  • P
    In my view it would be interesting to look at the file system capabilities of these chips themselves, since regardless of how tiny and...
  • P
    I've not costed these yet as the 1st draft designs are only just complete. The intention is to run a short batch of engineering samples...
  • P
    Both the single socket and the new two socket version will be 4 layer boards and entirely SMD based. Bare PCBs account for a tiny...
  • P
    Quick first look at what I've been working on - dual socket USB based storage adapter. One internal, one external. The component count...
    • Lo-tech-USB-Storage-Adapter.jpg