• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

pearce_jj's latest activity

• P
    pearce_jj reacted to modem7's post in the thread Booting from an XT-CF adapter. with Like Like.
    I just now reconfigured an early IBM 5150 to have 128 KB total RAM. 128 KB verified via certain commands entered into Cassette BASIC. A...
  • P
    pearce_jj replied to the thread ISA USB board.
    The XTIDE UB runs with interrupts enabled (see Int13h.asm): 95 Int13h_DiskFunctionsHandler: 96 %ifndef RELOCATE_INT13H_STACK 97...
  • P
    Maybe an answer is to have the BIOS not take memory, but implement a function call allowing it to do so? So the feature can be enabled...
  • P
    pearce_jj reacted to Hak Foo's post in the thread ISA USB board with Like Like.
    From my perspective, that's just weird. I'm not making any physical hardware changes; as I said, I'm just taking advantage of...
  • P
    Data port always 260h. Command port 261h for standard and 262h for fast.
  • P
    The REP INSW mod @Malc pertains only to 186/v20 CPUs. Hence if it’s actually an XT, with 8088 CPU, it won’t work as it stands. It can be...
  • P
    pearce_jj reacted to Malc's post in the thread ISA USB board with Like Like.
    Same IBM XT 5160 with stock 8088, ISA-USB CH375 card STD mode
  • P
    @Malc - forgive me, it's hard to keep track of testing configurations. Which CPU and board is the latest BIOS test (4MB copy in 1m55s)...
  • P
    Re INSW. The low byte is read from port n and the high byte from port n+1. When reading a word from an 8-bit expansion card, there are...
  • P
    Sure, it would seem to me that all you'd need to do is scan for option ROMs, set the registers correctly and do a far call to the option...
  • P
    How is it held in place in the machine @jafir?
  • P
    pearce_jj reacted to Malc's post in the thread ISA USB board with Like Like.
    And it works perfectly :) Tested with stock IBM XT BIOS and Clone XT BIOS, I took the pics with the clone XT BIOS fitted. I Ran...
  • P
    @BlaBla1985 - congrats on getting this working. Have you done anything to get that LCD working so clearly? I have a couple of machines...
  • P
    pearce_jj reacted to Roland Huisman's post in the thread Fixing my 5160 with Like Like.
    While talking to a friend about an insanely priced 5160 on a local sale, I thought let's find my own 5160 which was still in a move box...
  • P
    https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/optromloader-ibm-pc-clone-8086-floppy-loading-of-option-roms.1225366/