• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Pepinno

1. P

Utility Linux Distribution

Please, state facts or opinions, but refrain from making false statements about what you think others do or don't do.
  2. P

It mystifies me why someone would want to go for complex systemd runtime-variable just-in-time dependencies, instead of clearly inspect-able predefined runlevel numbered scripts.
  3. P

Not in a server. I don't want MySQL and Apache starting concurrently, but I also don't what to configure MySQL as a dependency of Apache.
  4. P

But whatever mess it was, it was easy to solve, because it was easy to inspect and review. With systemd, just forget it about being easy to inspect and review - it's now a full time job.
  5. P

Pentium 4

I have a 2.0 GHz P4 system, and I have fond memories of it. Coming from a Pentium 166 MHz, I called it "BEAST" because using it with Windows 2000 Professional was like flying on an ultrasonic plane. So fast!! It served me well. It was a work horse.
  6. P

On the other hand, my problem with systemd is systemd itsself, I don't mind programmers being pricks if they don't f**k my ass. Before, you were called to support a misbehaving Linux system, and you just found what the default runlevel was and what symbolic links that runlevel directory had in...
  7. P

That link does not document what USL may have certified or vetted as UNIX prior to the constitution of The Open Group. That link is the "Registry" which The Open Group maintains for certified UNIX which *also* are current with their payment to be listed on such "Registry". Notice the absence of...
  8. P

Thank you for that wikipedia link, but I am well versed in the POSIX runtime of the old Windows NT. I am asking for citation as to confirm your assertion that Microsoft had that NT POSIX runtime certified as UNIX by The Open Group. That is totally news to me, so please provide proof, otherwise...
  9. P

It's not the same Unix (genetic Unix) than UNIX (certified UNIX). What is certified as UNIX, is UNIX.
  10. P

It's also a practical issue because to get the UNIX certification by The Open Group, your system has to pass the test suites for the Single Unix Specification which The Open Group maintains. Political is the will the pass the tests, technical is the ability to do so successfully, and...
  11. P

Linux may not be Unix. But Euler Linux 2.0, which is a recompile of CentOS 7, is UNIX, because The Open Group has certified it to be so.
  12. P

Well, Linux DOES have been certified as an official UNIX, it just was not done so by an USA corporation. Huawei did get its Eurler 2.0 Linux system certified as UNIX. Euler 2.0 is a recompile of CentOS 7, which is a recompile of RedHat 7. Therefore, for practical purposes, RedHat 7 is UNIX...
  13. P

Games distributed with Microsoft serial mouse

I've got access to (but not ownership of) an old new-in-box Microsoft serial mouse. Behold: The box says 18 games are included... In the box there are four 3.5" disketes, of which two are supposed to have games, their labels read "Microsoft Arcarde" (diskette 3) and "Best of Microsoft...
Back