• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by peteri

1. P

Cirtech CP/M board, help required for emulation.

I have one of the Cirtech CP/M boards that plugs into the 6502 socket for the //e. I have disassembled all of the non-DRI bits and there is some copy protection in there that uses the 6502 <-> Z80 address PROM and the A11 line to check it's running on the right hardware. While this is fine for...
  2. P

CP/M Recommended disk geometry and directory sizes

For the Apple //e hardware I have it piggybacks the board into the 6502 socket and uses a 7Mhz clock from one of the //e chips. I suspect the //c hardware is the same. It uses a 74LS288 for the Z80->6502 mapping and swaps a couple of regions of memory using the extra A11 line (the softcard uses...
  3. P

Totally agree, this is how the BIOS currently sets things up, it looks to me like bigger track sizes would be a good plan for the future (it's partly why I asked the question). I do need to have a look at the V2 implementation that Cirtech did for the Apple IIGS as it can carve out a section of...
  4. P

I was writing a tool to do some more manipulation of larger disk size images and wrote a quick piece of test code for the Cirtech DPB computation routines. As a result I've found I have an off by one error in the comments I wrote by hand. As it turns out you get larger numbers of directory...
  5. P

Thanks folks, this matches up with my thoughts. I know if I'd had a 32MB drive back in the day I'd have been annoyed with that number of directory entries as a design choice (and it's not like by 85-86 a 32MB drive would have been out of range) I think I might just bump the number of directory...
  6. P

I've just finished off disassembling the Cirtech CP/M plus (V1) implementation for a 128K Apple //e and it supports any Apple ProDOS hard drive upto 32Mb in size. Sadly it uses eight 512 byte sectors per track for its geometry. I have a feeling that going to 24 (It needs 12K of boot sector) or...
  7. P

Apple //e Cirtech Z80 card looking for manual.

This particular board is in my //e but the //c versions I've seen are very similar and I suspect the electronics are nearly identical just a different board layout. I've seen a couple of Cirtech adverts that say //e version coming soon when they started advertising the //c version. The //c...
  8. P

Apple //e Cirtech Z80 card looking for manual.

I've just retrieved an Apple //e from my mums loft and while I have the disks I can't find the manual for the Cirtech Z80 CP/M Plus board installed (it plugs as a daughter board into the 6502 socket so I'm guessing it's very similar to the //c) Does anyone have a scan, the only online version I...
Back