• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by polpo

1. P

High Ability Computer HA-1204 labeled 1209C

C61 is a 100nF ceramic capacitor. Photo attached. I measure about 60VAC between the fuse and ground.
  2. P

Pocket 386

Yep, using the Femto style card. I’d like to build more to sell due to the increased interest due to the release of the Pocket 386, but I do worry about people blaming it for losing their CMOS settings. But it seems like people are losing their settings anyway, regardless of what’s plugged in.
  3. P

Pocket 386

Just like the Hand386 before it, the power supply circuit on the Pocket 386 is woeful. The decision to use the main battery to power the RTC is baffling. I've lost the date and BIOS settings way too often (especially when I start it up with a PicoGUS on the ISA port, probably causes too much...
  4. P

High Ability Computer HA-1204 labeled 1209C

Sorry to necropost here but I have the same luggable PC case with the same PSU. After replacing a couple obviously bad caps, the rails going to the AT connector measure fine but the voltages going to the CRT seem bad (only reading a couple volts on both of those rails). @jscipione did you make...
  5. P

Gateway 2000 4DX2-66

Sorry for popping in, I was searching for PicoGUS... 😅 I'm restocking in a few days, but there are way more on the waitlist than what I've produced in this last batch. Keeping up with demand is tough, but I intend to keep them available to buy as long as people want them.
  6. P

PicoMEM Project : Pi Pico on an ISA Board.

Like Freddy says, I'll have a table at VCF Midwest and I'll be showing PicoMEM running on an XT clone! I'll also be showing my own PicoGUS project (ISA sound card emulation on a Pico) as well as the PicoPOST (a very enhanced POST card that uses the Pico).
  7. P

PicoMEM Project : Pi Pico on an ISA Board.

Hi, I'm the admin of the Discord which I've called Retro Pico Hardware - here's an invite link: https://discord.gg/amtrFYQwTQ I'm still actively developing PicoGUS, so you can also see my progress there.
  8. P

Apple IIe DIY Serial Card?

In this GitHub issue, @btb mentions the GAL equations looking off. I took a stab at rewriting them to match the Apple SSC schematic but I haven't noticed much of an improvement, but I might have missed something. Maybe I'll also try to patch my ROM with the changes up above. I'm also tempted to...
  9. P

Apple IIe DIY Serial Card?

About 6 months ago I designed a 2-layer version of the jmthompson SSC of my own so I could get the boards made for $2 at JLCPCB and finally got around to building it today. A seller on eBay local to me that has a bunch of NOS electronics ("press-send" is their name) had most of the parts like...
Back