• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Raddit123

1. R

486 Build

So after a long break, the machine is starting to come together. The PSU, motherboard and graphics card are in, the machine POSTs as expected which is great!
  2. R

I'm selling my entire collection...

Hello, Over the next few days I'm going to be selling my entire collection on ebay - as I upload items I'll add the links in to the comments of this thread. I thought this might be of interest to you guys here, any way here is the first item. I'll do a discount for any one who buys any items...
  3. R

Help Wiring A Turbo Switch/LED and MHz Display

Evening, So I'm having real trouble re-wiring my turbo SW/LED and MHz Display. I took photos of the setup when I took the case apart, but my phone got stolen so I'm at square one. I'm hoping some one has done this before? The first picture shows the motherboard pin outs: The first two pins...
  4. R

486 Build

I'm fairly sure TOPBench said it was 256k but I may be mistaken - I'll get back to you when I build the machine properly. mR_Slug; thanks for the info - I think though, being a student I can't justify spending the money a card really so I'll probably stick with the one I have at the min, maybe...
  5. R

486 Build

A little bit of work on the case. It's not quite museum grade yet. I'm probably going to strip a bit more off, then try and run with a layer of filler primer to see what that looks like. If it works I'll sand it down by hand running up the sand paper scale ending with a 2000 grit paper. From...
  6. R

486 Build

Thanks for the info mR_Slug. Did you use any CAD packages at the time? So here are a few photos of the project so far.... Testing the power supply. The 12v rail comes in at bang on 12v which is great, however the 6v reads at more like 5v. I'm not sure if this is an issue? It doesn't seem to...
  7. R

486 Build

So I'm doing a sort of new build using a good number of bits I've already got and some new bits I've picked up. I got the case/motherboard from a local engineering company I did work experience with many years ago, so I think it would be fitting to run some older CAD software on the machine when...
  8. R

Could you help ID this RAM?

Hello, Could any one help me identify this stick of RAM? It came from my 386 Olivetti M380 XP9. It currently only has 4MB and I'd like to get some more for it. The numbers on the back are: LHS: SMti LHS (Bottom): 4846 A RHS: TM024GAD9 RHS (Bottom): 9101 10 Numbers on the microchips are as...
  9. R

Olivetti 386 & 486 for trade!

Ahoy! So I'm having a clear out to save some space. As a result of this I have 1x Olivetti 386 M380/C and 1x Olivetti M4 Modulo 40. Firstly both of the cases are seriously tatty, they partially in bits, missing drives etc. I can't guarantee they work 100% (though the electronics should all be...
  10. R

USB floppy emulators

Hi all, I'm considering getting one of these USB floppy emulators...
  11. R

Any ideas what this ISA card is?

Thanks, let me know if this OK :)
  12. R

Any ideas what this ISA card is?

Hello, I've got an (8bit?) ISA card here, any ideas what it is, what it does and where I could get a bracket for it from? The port has 62 pins on it, and I don't even know if it works... thanks in advance guys.
  13. R

Olivetti M20

This post is mainly for Daver2's benefit as it has pics of the floppy cable/drives that came out of the machine, but others may find it useful as well so I'll put it here. (there's also a CPU pic for your enjoyment). Motherboard port to 1st floppy drive connector aprox. 125mm 1st floppy drive...
  14. R

Olivetti M20 ST Keyboard clean up

Thought you guys might like to see some pics of me cleaning the keyboard on an Olivetti M20 ST Keyboard out of the machine, it's fairly heavy due to the steel base you can see. The PCB on the back is very clean however.... ...Once I started to remove the keys I could see why it wasn't...
  15. R

Small CRT repair

Perfect, thank you! This is why I'm a product designer, not an engineer :p Now it's just the other 1 million problems to sort!
Back