• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by rastepanyan

1. rastepanyan

Golden Axe XT

I have tried this mod on my NuXT's, which are 8088 and NEC V20 based machines. I can confirm that without any sound even at 4.77 MHz, the game is playable. At 7.16 MHz and above with CGA graphics, the performance is great. Brilliant work! Thanks a lot!
  2. rastepanyan

Problems with the Book 8088

I have already assembled two computers, based on the NuXT v2 board, and they are great reliable machines. I totally recommend this approach, because you are using brand new peripheral components like case, power supply, monitor, keyboard, etc. The machine equipped with the 8088 CPU at 4.77Mhz...
  3. rastepanyan

8087 is no longer working in NuXT v2.0 motherboard

I wish you to not have any other issues with the machine. Actually, you could try SVM.EXE or SVM89.EXE utilities which can transform your Trident 9000i to a EGA or CGA card with good compatibility and will keep the computer brand new.
  4. rastepanyan

8087 is no longer working in NuXT v2.0 motherboard

I'm glad that the issue is resolved. I have two NuXT PC's, one with 8088 and the other with NEC V20, and they both paired with 8087 FPU's. I can confirm that NEC V20 is working properly with 8087. It is strange though that your faulty V20 is working fine without the FPU installed. Can you...
  5. rastepanyan

PC vs. AT: reasons to own one over the other

My first computer was PC/AT i286-10Mhz based machine and I love 286's, but if the choice is XT vs. AT only, I will definitely go for the XT based machine. For early DOS games, the usual 6-12 Mhz 286 is too fast, and it is too slow for the games from the late 80's and early 90's. To cover the...
  6. rastepanyan

Pravetz-16ES 80186-8 IBM PC Compatible computer from Bulgaria

Congratulations! The computer appears to be in very good condition at least on the pictures. Most likely the CPU is NEC V20. It fully supports 80186 instructions, and it is 99% MS-DOS compatible. The Pratetz 16ES is the fastest model of the series. As you already noticed most of the parts are...
  7. rastepanyan

Commodore PC10/20-III speed issue

What a great machine you have! It has Faraday FE2010A chipset and you can switch the clock speed with this combinations: - Normal 4.77Mhz -- "Ctrl+Alt+S" - Turbo 7.16Mhz -- "Ctrl+Alt+T" - Double 9.55Mhz -- "Ctrl+Alt+D"
  8. rastepanyan

XT kaypro ATI EGA wonder card questions

I'm very happy to see a video card very similar to mine! I think your is a bit older revision. I found jumper settings here, hope it will help: EGA Wonder jumper settings
  9. rastepanyan

Chinese 8088-based laptop system with pirated 8088 BIOS

Someone already imported the source code of the 'Chinese' BIOS and it is linked in Sergey's repository: 8088_bios. It is quite obvious that the original copyright and GPL license are replaced completely.
  10. rastepanyan

Chinese 8088-based laptop system with pirated 8088 BIOS

I came across the news about this laptop in a DOS gaming Facebook group and immediately checked out what it was all about. At first, I was thinking of ordering one. The price was reduced by 50%, but while I looked at the pictures I've noticed that they are using your BIOS, and on top of that...
  11. rastepanyan

8088 BIOS for Micro 8088, NuXT, Xi 8088 - version 0.9.9 release and the next steps

Hi Sergey, I have two NuXT v2.0 boards, one with NEC V20 and one with AMD 8088 CPU. You have just brought back such fond memories from my childhood. I really love the fact that you are still improving the 8088 BIOS. At the moment, I'm using the 0.9.8 version, but considering to upgrade it to...
  12. rastepanyan

Nuxt turbo PC case

I am using Chieftec ProCube (CI-02B-OP) case for my NuXT motherboard. It is extremely useful. It has both 5.25" and 3.5" bays for the floppy drives and filters for the dust, and it is brand new.
Back