• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by rcooke

1. R

mint original MacIntosh SE with printer and all manuals.

Anybody in New Brunswick or willing to go there interested? Looking for the perfect father's day gift for the nerd/geek father in your life? Search no more. I have a mint original MacIntosh SE with printer and all manuals. It works! I will trade for two bottles of cheap wine if someone comes...
  2. R

Anybody heard of an old SCSI disk format called VMEX?

I'm trying to view files on an old SCSI drive from a MVME166-011A system. I made a drive image in Linux with dd. Now I'm trying to figure out a compatible "mount type" to use with it. Nothing has worked so far. I am viewing the image file in a hex editor to see if there are any hints at the...
  3. R

Looking for a way to backup data from an old SCSI Quantum Fireball ST 2.1S drive

Another broken machine tool. This one is fancy! It is using a VME card rack computer for its control system! Which seems to depend upon this hard drive. I'm looking for: 1. A way to connect this drive to my service computer (Debian 8 ). (USB preferred) 2. A way to make sense of the drives...
  4. R

Looking for an 8-bit ISA (XT) IDE, Compact Flash, or SD drive card.

This is to repair the XT-based machine in this post: http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?49054-Looking-for-links-to-info-parts-surplus-for-Seagate-ST-225&p=382216#post382216 As you can see from the photos, the back of the computer case is blocked. So I would rather use a...
  5. R

Looking for links to info, parts surplus for Seagate ST-225

I have pics of the controller card, the control cabinet, and what the boot screen looks like - with drive error. You can recognize what looks like part of a PC/XT chassis where the I/O cards are attached. That really long card is likely a motion control card to run the machine's motors...
  6. R

Looking for links to info, parts surplus for Seagate ST-225

I repair computers and a client brought me this beast! Brought back fond A][+ memories.... But its out of some industrial machine. Did some clever company put an MFM controller into a USB dongle yet? Or maybe an Arduino or Raspberry pi project to talk to one? Or other? This machine is not...
Back