• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by retro-pc_user

1. R

XTIDE Universal BIOS

Here's an idea: for laptops that have no option for XT-IDE via (E)EPROM chips or a working floppy drive, how about a DOS driver such as XTIDE.SYS before the HIMEM and EMM386? I have a Zenith Data Systems Z-Note 325Lc that has a 2400 baud modem, but no 32-pin EPROMs and I don't know where my...
  2. R

XUBDisk - floppy disk XTIDE Universal BIOS booter

Tested it with 86Box as a 386DX-25 system and standard IDE controller and it worked. Is there a way that this can be fabricated for hard drive boot sectors? I have a Zenith Data Systems Z-Note 325Lc that lacks a working floppy drive (currently dead and I don't have a spare or a USB floppy drive...
  3. R

BIOS Password wipe on Panasonic CF-41 MKII

Well, much like my FMA7600 laptops that had dead CMOS batteries, you'll need to enter the actual BIOS password to get in after you replace the clock battery and clear it. Panasonic probably could use the CMOS battery removal, however, if that doesn't work, there might be a list out there for...
  4. R

FMA7600 laptop adventures: repairs and stuff

This here is what the caddy looks like. I cannot recall if I still have the other one or if I tossed it out. It's been a long time since I've seen it. And if my memory serves for the laptop charger, it's 25VDC 1.6A for charge (pins 1 and 2), and 20VDC 2A for standard input (pin 3 - gnd, pin 4 -...
  5. R

It uses one of those funky things. I'll post a pic of it sometime and if they're unobtainable, I'll make one myself with a CF to IDE adapter so's I can insert and remove the card to plug it into my card readers and copy files that way.
  6. R

Crud. Is there a way to get a drive installed in a laptop without a caddy?
  7. R

This here is the RAM module both of the laptops utilize. Also, do you have spare hard drive caddies? I'll post a pic of the current one in the afternoon.
  8. R

Also, do you have 16MB or 32MB RAM? Planning on running Windows 95 on both systems.
  9. R

Correct. Also, do you know where I can get the Vadem VG-468 drivers? I'm about to do a fresh DOS 6.22/WFW 3.11 installation on a pair of drives. And do you have caddies for hard drives? The one I have is missing one.
  10. R

I have a pair of FMA7600 laptops that both have the same specs, except one of them has no hard drive or caddy (don't know where they are at the moment or they broke months ago) and I've fixed the following issues: 1) RTC battery was dead on both of them, but I did the DGi DGi-P-90C laptop and...
  11. R

Midwest US only - Lots of hardware and a couple of systems for sale - Price range from $50-$150 local or shipped

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. It's been crazy with work and I've been occupied with a lot of tickets in my queue within the last few weeks and I had company that came over during the holiday season.
  12. R

Midwest US only - Lots of hardware and a couple of systems for sale - Price range from $50-$150 local or shipped

The 386/486 and Kickstart IRQ have been sold. GeForce 256 DDR is pending (going to test it). Sorry that I didn't reply to PMs. It's crazy at work and my network has been apeshit within the last week.
Back