• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Retro_Nerd

1. Retro_Nerd

Commodore 16

I finally got the C16 working. I had to replace the TED chip. Got one from England for around $23. This machine hasn't been on since around 1987.
  2. Retro_Nerd

The South Commodore Board Repairs in the USA

I tested all the chips and all is well but the TED chip is questionable. I ordered one today and will see what happens. If that doesn’t solve the problem then I’ll send the motherboard to you. Thanks.
  3. Retro_Nerd

The South Commodore Board Repairs in the USA

Any chance you can repair a C16? It powers on but no video.
  4. Retro_Nerd

Dead Texas Instruments TravelMate 4000E Color Help

I have a travelmate and the screen will not work on mine. I use a computer monitor. You do not need the battery pack to use the computer.
  5. Retro_Nerd

Your first Atari, and last?

My first Atari product was the 2600 back around 1980. My last was a1040ST from a couple of years ago.
  6. Retro_Nerd

TI TravelMate 3000 restoration

Actually, it was the power supply that was broken. It quit working, so I was able to buy another one on ebay, at a hefty price. The laptop powers right up. Thanks for replying.
  7. Retro_Nerd

TravelMate 4000e 486 WinDX4/75MHz issue

Ok. I'm not very good with power adapters, amps, watts, volts, etc. I've found a few power supplies that have the same 3 pin as the TravelMate adapter, but the numbers aren't the same. I'm posting a pic of the adapter and specs and would like for someone to tell me what numbers not to go higher...
  8. Retro_Nerd

Sounded like someone dropping a book flat on the floor. It was loud. The AC adapter is dead.
  9. Retro_Nerd

The laptop will run without a battery. I left it plugged in without a battery for about ten minutes and then it turned on. After about five minutes, a noise came from somewhere and the laptop began working in turbo, then died after about three minutes. I'll take a look at the power supply board...
  10. Retro_Nerd

TI TravelMate 3000 restoration

Hi. I recently purchased a TravelMate 4000 that came with two batterie, one which doesn’t work at all and the other will power the laptop for about 5 minutes. The laptop doesn’t work unless the battery is plugged in and it won’t power on at all without the battery. Is that right? I have a...
  11. Retro_Nerd

I ordered some batteries yesterday to rebuild the pack. Took one of the two packs apart and the corrosion was crazy. No way to rehab that one. I'm assuming the other one that worked for a few minutes is probably nearly as bad. Can't wait to get started.
  12. Retro_Nerd

Thanks. I've never dealt with battery repair before, so this will be a learning experience for me.
  13. Retro_Nerd

Thanks for your reply. I’ll research how to rebuild it.
  14. Retro_Nerd

I recently bought one of these on eBay, complete with carrying case, extra battery, floppies, manuals, mouse, and the laptop looks brand new. I was able to get one battery to last about 5 minutes after reconditioning, the other one never charges. After reading a bit, it seems that the laptop...
  15. Retro_Nerd

Wimodem232 and Proterm on Apple//e

Not sure if this will help, but the baud rate has to be set to 300. I use an Apple IIC and Proterm 3.1. It wouldn't do anything until I changed the baud rate.
Back