• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by RetroGadgetMan

1. RetroGadgetMan

Commodore PET 2001-8 stuck on garbled screen

Oh yes I forgot about adding ,2 🙄 and it is now loading from that tape port. Thanks so much for all your help and patience. And to everyone else here. Without it I could not have done it alone. So pleased we could get this pet working as it has had a hard life.😊 Just need to sort these keyboard...
  2. RetroGadgetMan

Ok after a week's break I am back. Pet is still reporting 8k of ram after multiple tape loads and power cycles from J5. So looks like that problem with not showing 8k of ram is over for now. I have not tested the 18 rams as I didn't want to disturb the 8k ram module as it is stiff to remove...
  3. RetroGadgetMan

You know I thought that right after I wrote it 🙄😆 it's beer time.
  4. RetroGadgetMan

I am struggling to use two probes and take video or pics at the same time safely in fear of shorting pins. I don't have any wire clips for IC legs to attach the probes safely. I have just had the board back out to inspect for any contamination from solder particles etc and given it a brush down...
  5. RetroGadgetMan

And pin 2 top pin 3 bottom
  6. RetroGadgetMan

Here is a dual trace of pin 1 at the top pin 3 bottom.
  7. RetroGadgetMan

Ok it's back down to 4k now. Here are videos of pins 1-6 of G3 Vid Mov_1960 being pin 1 And last image is what is on board.
  8. RetroGadgetMan

It's been at 8k now for a good half hour. I am leaving it off to cool down to see if I can repeat the fault. I have had equipment that is faulty behave differently at different temperatures. If only I had some freeze spray.
  9. RetroGadgetMan

Ok and now with the probe off it's still showing 7167 bytes free. Strange. All I have done is probe G3. I tried the first poke. Nothing seemed to happen. Curser disapers and it just hangs until i interrupt it.
  10. RetroGadgetMan

Interesting when I power cycle with the probe attached to pin 3 from the scope I get a memory reading of 7167 bytes free which I guess is what I am looking for.
  11. RetroGadgetMan

G3 Both reads at 1us Pin 3 Pin 2
  12. RetroGadgetMan

Would you happen to have the txt of that programme that I can type in. I have repaired the chicklet keyboard now.
  13. RetroGadgetMan

Certainly something to think about and for me to learn how to do.
  14. RetroGadgetMan

I did a continuity test on your ram to the board pins and all ok. I have a G3 spare 74ls00n. Is piggy backing this ic ok for a test or not.
  15. RetroGadgetMan

Today I tried them in the main ram location. In the past I tried them all in the C4 location..all checker board apart from two. One displayed a screen of arrows and the other a screen of zeros.
Back