• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by retrogear

1. R

Advanced Digital Corporation Super Six TurboDOS and TurboDOS x86 PC - can they communicate ?

I had a setback when the hard drive on the ADC decided to crash. It was reporting a trashed track 3. I pulled the drive (Seagate ST-225) and connected to an MFM controller on a PC and formatted / confirmed the drive is perfect. I put it back in the ADC connected to the Monitor Dynamics HD1013...
  2. R

Advanced Digital Corporation Super Six TurboDOS and TurboDOS x86 PC - can they communicate ?

I repeated the experiment on my IBM XT with a different ancient serial card for the XT with the same results. I think that SIOIPC driver is bogus. All examples I've seen in manuals have that driver rem'd out. I would sure like to get that uart driver source to work
  3. R

When I use the SIOIPC module, if I set SIOA = (0x03F8) then when booted, I get an 0C> prompt but no response to keyboard. I see no changes in the lights on my serial breakout box either. I have no clue why this would kill the keyboard ? Leaving it at (0x00) has an active command prompt but...
  4. R

Aha - reading the LAN-PC control manual Aug 84 p51 SIOA needs to be set to the COM1 port address (0x03F8). I have it set to (0x00) which disables it. Larry G
  5. R

Still no joy with rev 4. Everything is good on the ADC side, when I do a DIR to the remote PC drive, it pulses the transmit line and then gives 'network error'. If I connect it to a modem it transmits/receives like crazy trying to make a circuit connection. The PC side is a dead horse. I...
  6. R

Still no go. I'm sure wondering about the SIOIPC driver. When I boot TurboDOS on the ADC, CTS, DSR and DCD all light on my breakout box but then booting on the PC, no lights change like RTS and DTR do with ProComm. You gave me source code with more modern serial drivers for the pc. Would those...
  7. R

my current GEN and PAR files (hopefully the correct ones this time) does the ADC need some kind of circuit definition for the 0300 remote ?
  8. R

I just finished proving that the channel B port on the ADC S6 master board is good. Channel A is console to my Televideo, channel B is connected thru the RS232 paddle direct 25 thru a LED breakout box then 25 to 9 adaptor (no crossover) to the 9 pin COM1 port on my Dell laptop running ProComm...
  9. R

No joy yet. There were some things I had to change. On the ADCS6, CKSCHB CKSBRB and CKSEQB are all undefined. Suffix A works so I set CKSCHA = 1 for B channel and used suffix A on the rest. Also MCDSS has to be included even if master only or no commands work at the prompt. It took me a long...
  10. R

oops wrong ADCS6.GEN here is the current one Larry G
  11. R

I'm not having any luck getting the two systems to communicate. I've set up the ADC S6 serial channel B to the 386 PC COM1 with a serial cross connect. Both are hopefully set to 1200 baud. I used channel B on the ADC since channel A has a master terminal on it. I mapped the PC drive D: to remote...
  12. R

I got SIOPC.O re-serialized so it passes now. Infringement is YOUR responsibility :)
  13. R

It appears SERIAL.CMD can put serial# in object modules but not if it already has one. I looked with a hex editor ah yes RS re-serializer. You sent me RS16.COM for .O objects ? But since it's a com is it supposed to run on the z80 box ? All my commands on my Turbodos PC are CMD
  14. R

I'm going to try the master to master serial network. I have CKTSER.REL added happy to my GEN on the z80 side and need to work on the PAR patches. I'm using the ADC S6 master channel A for local console and channel B for serial network. I've added the SIOIPC.O module to my 386 PC side but get...
  15. R

I've verified the COM1 card installed in the 386 PC works by using Check-It connected via a serial cross-connect adaptor to a modem I still have. Since I only have 3 working serial paddles for my ADC S6 I will begin by make it's master headless (which IIRC is by adding the CONREM.REL module and...