• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

sampson's latest activity

• S
    sampson replied to the thread Pocket 386.
    Another observation on the internal KB vs. external PS2 KB on the Pocket386 - the scan rate of an external PS2 keyboard is around twice...
  • S
    Hi, I had a chance to have a deeper look at this and played Wolf3D for about 30 minutes, plus some 2D platformers. I can reproduce the...
  • S
    sampson reacted to Omarkoman's post in the thread Pocket 386 with Like Like.
    I am planning to do this exact thing. All adventure games I tried so far work perfectly with just General Midi on port 330 using either...
  • S
    sampson reacted to Omarkoman's post in the thread Pocket 386 with Like Like.
    I came across this forum while searching for a 16 bit ISA expansion card for the Pocket386 as I only have the 8 bit one. I have been...
  • S
    sampson reacted to joefil1991's post in the thread Pocket 386 with Love Love.
    I'm using a Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical 1.1a. I've tried the included mouse driver with PC-DOS 7.0 as well as CuteMouse and got the...
  • S
    I had given up, but after this comment I went back to the manual and noticed that it mentioned that a restart is required for the FN+5...
  • S
    sampson reacted to ajacocks's post in the thread Pocket 386 with Like Like.
    Welcome to the forum @Omarkoman . - Alex
  • S
    Anyway, I want to say something: this little computer may not be very well-made, but constantly messing with it by opening it up and...
  • S
    Why don't you sell the machine to someone else who will fix it? - Alex
  • S
    I believe that the regulator that charges the battery has burned out. Unfortunately, the manufacturer of the Book 8088 does not perform...
  • S
    4000mAh. It lasts 90+ minutes without accessories connected in my experience. Out of the box it does fail, at least on these earlier...
  • S
    Hi All - Here is a link to the Pocket 386 CF image -...
  • S
    I noticed some odd behavior with the built-in keyboard as well. I'm mostly using an external PS2 KB now which is working great, but I'm...
  • S
    sampson reacted to TomL_12953's post in the thread Pocket 386 with Like Like.
    I just got one, along with the add-on serial port and the 3-slot, 8-bit ISA bus card. This thing is a great little toy! Don't buy it...
  • S
    sampson reacted to nallwolf's post in the thread Pocket 386 with Like Like.
    I haven't had any issues with CMOS settings outside of time stuff before fixing the RTC. It does reset if you let the rechargeable...
Back