• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by skouris33

1. S

Diskcopy failed with external usb 1.44 floppy disk drive

Hi, recently I bought an external usb floppy disk drive to use with my windows 8 laptop. Unfortunately whenever I try to diskcopy from a: to a: with windows 8 it says diskcopy failed. Is there a problem with the drive or is it incompatibility issue? Thanks (when I drag and draw files it seems to...
  2. S

8088 with 19 MB extended memory

Hi! Today I run the Norton SI version 6 diagnostic program on my 8088 and I discovered that my PC XT has almost 19,000 KB extended memory. I boot my PC with DOS 6.22 boot disk that I made with format /s command on a newer PC. Is this memory useful and accessible by my system or is it completely...
  3. S

PC XT DOS antivirus that fits in 360 Kb disk

Hi, I would like to ask you if there is an antivirus program for DOS PC XTs that fits in a 360 Kb disk, in order to scan my floppy drive, thank you
  4. S

Double Dragon 1 DOS, 2 5.25 360 Kb disks version

Hi! I'm looking for Double Dragon 1 for DOS, the 2 360 Kb disks set for very long time, could you possibly help me? Thank you!
  5. S

1.44 Mb floppy drive on 8088 PC XT

Hi! Is there a way to add a 1.44 Mb floppy drive to an 8088 PC XT that has internal cabling for 5.25 360 Kb floppy drive? Thanks!
  6. S

8088 turbo button problem

Hi! I have an 8088 PC XT which runs in 4.77 MHZ and has a turbo button for running faster. Unfortunatelly at start up I get an error message regarding turbo mode and the button doesn't do anything. Do you have any ideas how I can fix this?
Back