• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by SoCalHntr

1. S

Video Convertor for DB9 Analog RGB to ?

@g4ugm - Thanks for the info. It's weird seeing that monitor again. It looks just like the one I had. Due space and "wife-acceptance-factor" concerns, I'd rather not go the CRT route. @Eudimorphodon - I've actually just been looking at those. I just bought these...
  2. S

Video Convertor for DB9 Analog RGB to ?

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm going to try and resurrect my Targa video system. I just acquired 3 complete pc's (286, 386, 486) and have everything except the output monitor. I owned the complete original system, and have the JVC vidcam, Targa 24 card, Summagraphics SummaSketch...
  3. S

Truevision TARGA+ half populated VRAM, possible to populate remainder?

@Unknown_K - I just realized I didn't post any images, so you may be referring to the first post from thisisamigaspeaking. Here are the pic's of mine:
  4. S

@Unknown_K - I'm having trouble identify the memory chips on my Targa. I *think* they're 64K chips, and I'm counting 24 boards, which would mean a total of 6,144? That's not a configuration with which I'm familiar. Any insights? Edit - I just saw your post on converting the 9 pin output...
  5. S

I remember using my Targa system. I think my Targa is the first model made, as it has no Truevision logo, and the date on it is 1985. Not that Wikipedia is a true authority, but it states the first Targa card was introduced in 1987. I may be wrong, but I'd swear I was using mine in 1986. It...
  6. S

Almost 40 years ago I had an AT&T PC6300 system with a Targa board, large video camera, monitor, SummaSketch with pen, as a complete working system from a plastic surgeon's office. I kept everything except the monitor and computer, and made copies of the TGA-TIPS software. I pulled the Targa...
  7. S

truevision targa

I just happened on your post. If interested, I believe I made copies of the TGA-TIPS software needed to run the older Truevision boards, if you need it. I'm going to look for it this weekend. I have an older Targa board that I'm going to put on Ebay shortly, with the original video camera...
Back