• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by spartan2381

1. S

Copying Software to TRS-80 Model 4 (M3SE)

I recently acquired a M3SE for my model 4 and was curious how to copy some of the physical software I have on floppy to the virtual hard disks. Can I just do a copy or backup of the files to the hard disk or do I need to use special software like super utility 4 or CopyCat?
  2. S

OS/2 Warp 3 Graphics Card Selection Input?

Its a Tandy/GRiD 325sc with the AM386SX-25 and Cyrix 387 co-processor. I was always told the OS/2 was more memory hungry vs CPU. It should be a interesting experiment. I think I've narrowed down my card selections to the below. Any one that would be better than the other? TSENG ET4000AX...
  3. S

Thanks guys really appreciate all the information, the pictures so supported cards are especially helpful! I'll use the Warp Connect based on your recommendation around IDE drivers.
  4. S

I was hoping that the 16MB of RAM and SD card would make it usable. If not maybe trying OS/2 2.11 as a backup. Would you have any suggestions for graphics cards for versions 2.11 and 3?
  5. S

I have a 386 machine with 16-bit ISA slots and I'm looking to install OS/2 WARP Version 3. What would some graphics card recommendations be as I know driver support was always an issue with OS/2.
  6. S

Tandy/GRiD 325sc Video Port Question

Great! Thanks for the help.
  7. S

Some forums are saying that the extra pin can be cut on the VGA cable and everything will work fine.
  8. S

I just picked up a Tandy/GRiD 325sc and thought it uses standard VGA cable but when looking at the port its different that the VGA cable I have. Does anyone know what type of connector this is on the card?
  9. S

Tandy 1000 SX Software Transfer

@Great Hierophant Just checked out Good Old Days and have used Winworld in the pas for operating system. Total DOS collection seems to be a private torrent so have to figure out how to access to that collection. I did end up flashing the Gotek with HxC after some fighting with the USB-TTL...
  10. S

XT-IDE or XT-CF Lite?

@Eudimorphodon @Torch Thank you both for the explanation and recommendations. I'm waiting for the NEC V-20 and Co-Processor to come in. Now just need to decide which one to buy :)
  11. S

XT-IDE or XT-CF Lite?

In terms of ease of setup and capability are they pretty much the same?
  12. S

XT-IDE or XT-CF Lite?

What would you all recommend in terms of HD drive options for the Tandy 100SX? I have seen options for the XT-IDE and XT-CF lite. Any prefered vendor to purchase from?
  13. S

Teac FD-55BV-75-U Cable Question

I'm looking to test the Teac FD-55BV-75-U floppy drive that came with my 1000 SX since it's not installed in the computer. What type of floppy drive cable do I need since it has the card connector on the floppy drive. I have read that you can use a normal PC floppy cable but have seen references...
  14. S

Tandy 1000 SX Software Transfer

It looks like only .img files will work with the Gotek and no upgrade has been done to flash the Hxc or FlashFloppy. Is there a way to convert .DSK files to work with Gotek? What type of floppy cable is needed for the Teac FD-55BV-75-U (orginal drive)?
Back