• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Steve Toner's latest activity

• S
    Steve Toner replied to the thread New PDP-11/53 Build.
    I don't think it's a board position problem. The board layout couldn't be simpler: slot 1 has the KDJ11-D/S (M7554) and the RLV12...
  • S
    Now we're getting nowhere! To rule out #2 above, I removed the CPU and memory from my 11/73, which has a SCSI controller, and replaced...
  • S
    Continuing the saga... Haven't reprogrammed the ATMEGA. But if I create a couple of RL02 partitions on the 2GB card and copy...
  • S
    Back at it... Tonight I tried (using same old firmware) a new 8GB SD card formatted as FAT32. It gives Error ID 82, same as the 32GB...
  • S
    Here's the latest: The posted source code and the hex file for the RLV12 emulator do not match. The source code won't build, as it...
    • hex files.jpg
  • S
    I think I have to resolve the issue of the hex file not matching the source code first... And hopefully my stumbling efforts will save...
  • S
    I have found RL02 images to try. Whether they're working or not is still to be determined :) I'm pretty sure I tried a FAT32...
  • S
    Some minor progress... I started with a 32GB SD card but couldn't get that to work at all with the emulator. So dug out an old 2GB...
    • FAT16.jpg
  • S
    Making progress... Who had "mislabeled PC board" in the pool? I had connected the PC serial port to SLU0 originally. Looking at the...
    • splash screen.jpg
    • Break Out Board.jpg
  • S
    Yes, he has instructions for formatting the SD card from a Mac (which I don't have). Each virtual disk is a separate partition of 20840...
  • S
    My first attempt at running with the RLV12 emulator have not gone well. I've got no output on the breakout board serial port - this...
  • S
    Looks like a clone of the HP Protocol Analyzer...
  • S
    Hmmm... there are 6 +5V pins, so in theory 36A spread across those 6 pins (100% connector loading) is within spec (should be good to...
  • S
    OK, the connectors are rated at 11 amps: I derate this by 50%, and 2 wires should be sufficient to carry the 8A maximum that the power...
    • current capacity.jpg
  • S
    There's a fan. You can see the power leads to it in the interior view photo. The power supply can only supply a maximum of 8A@5V, so...
Back