• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by sunjar

1. S

Adaptec 2940 SCSI POST message

Great info, I hope there is another chance to try it.
  2. S

Hi, Chuck(G): Thank you for the information, I can find the debug.exe file from my win98 installation disk, but my card is normal now, and I'm not familiar with the debug command, I don't know why the SCSI address is D8000, and what does the '6' in that 'xxxx:6' mean, so I don't plan to try...
  3. S

You should be right, I have the installation disks for Win98, but they are packaged and I can't see the files inside. But I see DEBUG.EX_ file in my Windows XP installation disk.
  4. S

Finally I made it! After reading @jafir and @Timo W. 's reply, I made a mess in the mainboard's BIOS, and modified the following content: VT-d[Disable] -> Enabled PCIEX16_1 Link Speed[Auto] -> Gen1 IOAPIC 24-119 Entries[Enabled] -> Disabled System Time and Alarm Source[ACPI Time and Alarm...
  5. S

EEPROM? It makes sense, the config file should be there. The 29xxcfg.exe should be to use software way to change the content inside. I need to open the case again to remove my card and check the model number of eeprom, maybe it will be a solution if I back up its contents and clear it again...
  6. S

Thanks for the url, I downloaded it and ran it under DOS, it told me that no SCSI adapter was found, I guess it's only for 2906 configuration. Inspired by you, I searched the Adaptec website and google for 2940cfg.exe keyword, but nothing came up, as you said, maybe Adaptec didn't put some...
  7. S

I spent about two hours trying various methods, I have successfully booted DOS from USB using Rufus tool, but it is DOS 7.0, not the traditional DOS6.22. So when I followed the DEBUG method on the website that @maxtherabbit gave me, The debug.exe I found on one of my 2000 backup CDROMs contains...
  8. S

I'm now trying to boot DOS from a USB stick, but haven't found the right tool to do it. I have another PE tool that can enter the simplest DOS interface, but it cannot load the SYS file. I am looking for information to see if there is a way to modify the PE 's configure file. Regarding the...
  9. S

Yes, I also read this part in the manual, but I still can't get into this 'SCSISelect utility' again. Because the motherboard of my PC is also a relatively new model (the chipset is Intel B360), maybe it has some differences in hardware structure compared with professional server?
  10. S

Disable the BIOS? I can't remember exactly, but if there was that item in the menu, I shouldn't have selected it, I should have just disabled message. About DOS software, Yes I think the Adaptec website should have someDOS utility can download, that's a good idea, I'll see if I can find this...
  11. S

Could you provide some more detailed information? Thank you.
  12. S

I think so too, even if the screen doesn't show any message, the Ctrl-A hotkey should still be monitored. I remember that I had successfully disabled and re-enabled this prompt on some servers in the past. But I don't know why not now.
  13. S

Fat HP RS-232 extension cable

I have to say I miss the 80s and 90s, when industrial products were full of sincerity and never hesitated to use materials.
  14. S

Yes I've tried pressing Ctrl-A in various ways, holding it down, pressing it continuously, and even pressing it to power on, and it all doesn't work. I am confused. My keyboard is USB type, I'm wondering if I need a PS/2 keyboard it would be better?
  15. S

I have a Adaptec 2940AU SCSI adapter installed on my computer and it works fine, but since I think every POST it has to show a 'CTRL+A' message to slow down the boot, I pressed Ctrl+A and went in setup menu and turned it off. But now when I want to turn on display this message again, no matter...
Back