• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Tarkie101

1. T

Need help with TRS-80 PT-210 Data Terminal

These guys in the UK are very reasonable and allow small orders - https://www.toby.co.uk/board-to-board-pcb-connectors/254mm-headers/
  2. T

Where are you in the UK as I’m up near Liverpool. Happy to work along with you. I love the 3 row idea.
  3. T

Bit more analysis, the alignment of the pins is everso slightly off, hope this picture shows:
  4. T

Just put one of these together, and there is an alignment issue for the right angled 16 pin connector, its more proud of the board than the standard right angled connector allows. So we need to find a different header that achieves alignment. The board slides down a "slot" into the correct...
  5. T

WTB - NEC Multisync JC-1401P3A

Looking for a 240V version of a NEC Multisync JC-1401P3A Does anyone have a working one (UK preference for collection) to sell? Steve
  6. T

Tandy 2000HD - Power Supply Question

I've recently acquired a Tandy 2000HD. My first one, so this is all a learning exercise!! This system is a US variant and my intent it to covert it to 220V operation for use in the UK. So, my reading so far has indicated that this is very simple, but I'd like to check with the 2000 experts...
  7. T

FreHD PiC programming

To get a FreHD working for a friend in a hurry I swapped a PIC from a spare FreHD into his. He managed to cook his. Long story. So I’ve a Dataman programmer which can program many PICs in the ZIF but does anyone know the configuration to get the PIC to programme correctly? The programme...
  8. T

Model 16 - A new family member is born

Over the Christmas period, a new Model 16 was born, upgrade from my Model 2 with currently a 6Mhz standard CPU card, and 256Kb of RAM while i wait for a replacement 4164 for the second memory card. All working, and mother and father are very proud. As with all new borns, there are issues, in...
  9. T

TRS-80 Model 4 C Programming System _ RS Catalog# 26‑2230

Whats outstanding from "TRS-80 Model 4 C Programming System 26‑2230" ? Steve
  10. T

Model 16 - Sunday ramblings

OK, first up, whilst this is fascinating, i'm completely out of my depth (just setting your estimations). Over the past few weeks there has been huge changes in the M16 world, with PAL's being available, burst mode conversions, and Xenix 3.3 updates. However, how about............ A little...
  11. T

Model 16 - Type 4 Hard Drive Controller card - Primary / Secondary Connectors

Quick question as I've got my Model 16 in bits, and i'm spending some time cleaning and reassembling. The connectors on the Type 4 card allows for Primary and Secondary drives to be installed. Primary (appears) to be the pins on the card, and the secondary the connectors on the edge. The...
  12. T

Model 16 - Power Supply - Long Hex Driver method

Can anyone articulate the process for removing the Power Supply (Replacing with a Meanwell) in a Model 16A using the Klien long driver method? I can clearly see, and have removed the 2 hex screws near the screen end, but now I'm baffled on what next.
  13. T

Model II, Square One: Heads Up?

My newly acquired Model 2 arrived yesterday. Keyboard is in Germany somewhere, got to love DHL. I'll be following this thread with interest as I'm sure I'll hit some of the snags that clh333 hits.
  14. T

Strange Homebrew w/LNW EI

Well, it swam across the pond slowly, and has a new home.
  15. T

Model 16 - Power supply - FIRE!

OK, well not quite fire, but smoking..... From a quick view, from the two rubber wrapped inductors between the 4 electrolytics in a row. System was operating fine, just took the lid off to measure for a replacement IDC cable. Lucky! Anyone experienced this before? Steve
Back