• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Terrum

1. T

Using CompactFlash on Compaq LTE 5400

I've tried upgrading my Compaq LTE 5400's failed hard-drive with a CF2IDE converter. I started off with a simple cheap, Chinese CF card: https://www.ebay.com/itm/302882775956 (8GB) The laptop detected its capacity and, seems to 'boot' just fine, as the BIOS can detect the drive and can happily...
  2. T

Replacement floppy drive for Compaq LTE Elite 4/75 CXL

Unfortunately the floppy drive in my Elite has finally taken a toll on me by giving up its motor, therefore making it (pretty much) beyond repair. The spare parts number is 149749-001 and another number which seems to be related to the floppy drive itself after research is 149696-001. I've...
  3. T

Maximum HDD capacity for Compaq Prolinea 575e?

What is the maximum hard-drive capacity a 575e can read? I have a 6.4GB hard-drive manufactured in '98 and my Prolinea can only detect 504mb of it, the BIOS can detect its size but DOS and Windows 98 will only partition 504mb in FAT (not FAT32) and doesn't detect anymore than that. Any help is...
  4. T

Compaq Prolinea 575E Hard-drive Upgrade

Hi, my Compaq Prolinea 575E currently has a 635MB Seagate hard-drive inside it. I have attached a picture for any further information that may be required such as type/heads etc. I am looking to replace the hard-drive with one that has a larger capacity and I was told I need an ATA-33...
  5. T

DOS 6.22 not accessing all memory available?

Hi, I have a Compaq Prolinea 575e and currently I upgraded it to 32MB RAM. I understand DOS can only read a certain amount and uses an expanded memory service called emm386. But I currently have a problem with a lot of games or applications I use in DOS that say there is not enough memory to run...
  6. T

Compaq Prolinea 575E need CD drive

Hi, I'm new to this forum and hoping someone can help! I have an old Compaq Prolinea 575E and I want to install a CD drive into it. I'm wondering if anyone can let me know how I can tell which CD drive I use is compatible, and if possible, if anyone could link me to where I can by the cheapest...
Back