• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Torch

1. Torch

Reorganization of 'Genres' Category

Vintage Computer Hardware is perfect for generic peripherals.
  2. Torch

Tandy 1000 SL

If it's the same model from TexElec that I have, there are endless amounts of settings. Have you tried tweaking any of them or selecting a different preset? Also, have you tried any games that change the SL's graphics mode? The SL has improved graphics that go beyond the TGA of the previous...
  3. Torch

That reply wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. As to the Commodore and Apple areas, was there ever a time you posted something and then the next day (or even the following week) had to search through several pages to find that topic again? I've never noticed that kind of traffic on this...
  4. Torch

I thought it was obvious that I was being sarcastic about additional Tandy forums, but I guess not. :rolleyes:
  5. Torch

Am I the only one who feels all the extra sub categories serve no purpose other than adding confusion and clutter? I've seen this happen in every car and motorcycle forum I belong to after it's been taken over by XenForo or IB. What once had 10 categories of easily managed activity now has...
  6. Torch

Cromemco JS-1 Joystick Replica

Do you know the date on that manual? Mine is 1977.
  7. Torch

This is the speaker in mine, I can't make out the numbers on one side. Manual does show 45 ohm.
  8. Torch

That'll work. I just sent you an email.
  9. Torch

It automatically centers. Feels similar to a Vectrex joystick. I bought some WiRSa modems from you on eBay...I'm the guy just east of LOFS. If you're still in CP, I can drop it off sometime this week, or I can take whatever measurements or photos you may need and post them here.
  10. Torch

I'm not willing to sell it, but I do have a brand new one you can borrow for measurements or whatever.
  11. Torch

Came across these 70s era gaming consoles today.

The APF MP1000 came out about a year after the 2600. I have most consoles from that era, but I've never seen an APF let alone played one. Those games pictured go for a good chunk of money now. Fairchild Channel F (1976) is the cartridge system that predated the 2600. It's the one with the cool...
  12. Torch

Trouble Creating P70 Reference Diskette

It's been about 7 years since I converted them, so I don't remember all the details. I bought Memorex drives from Amazon for $4 and they included ribbon cables. I removed the face-plates from the new drives and installed them in the P70 housings. I don't think I had to adapt or modify...
  13. Torch

Trouble Creating P70 Reference Diskette

It's been quite a few years since I made my reference disks. From what I recall, it was NOT going to happen with a modern 3.5" USB drive. I have an in-between PC with real 5.25 and 3.5 drives and had to use that. Also, after you create the reference disk, do not try to view the directory under...
  14. Torch

IBM ps2 P70 portable repair thread

I'm no longer using the ESDI, so I unplugged the cables. After running the reference disk, slot 3 still shows up as empty...if that slot is empty, how does the system even know that slot exists? I also ran the reference disk on my other P70 (still using the ESDI) and it does show slot 3 as...
  15. Torch

IBM ps2 P70 portable repair thread

The original ESDI HDD has the controller card built in. Slot 3 is where the drive's ribbon cable plugs into on the motherboard...it's just a dumbed down MCA port. From what I've read, it doesn't have enough lines to hack it into a usable MCA port. From some more searching, I guess the 4 slot...
Back