• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Trailmyx

1. T

Franklin CX luggable

I finally got this Franklin CX all sorted out. Foam/foil keyboard works. Both drives are fully aligned. Power supply and analog board have been fully recapped. A whole bunch of little fixes (broken external composite video, missing Z80 card, rerouting video cables for better video quality...
  2. T

Franklin CX luggable

Another thing to check with your keys is if the spring is missing. There's kinda 2 parts to their function. The first is the foam/foil on the bottom of the key. The second is each key has a spring right under the keycap. So if you carefully pull the key from the top of the keyboard, there...
  3. T

Franklin CX luggable

I just installed the foam/foil replacement pads successfully. You can find the set here: https://texelec.com/product/foam-capacitive-pads-keytronic/ I've attached a picture of how the keyboard case opens. Someone before me kinda murdered mine getting it open, but if you see how the keyboard...
  4. T

Franklin CX luggable

By the time I got this one, the Franklin Ace 80 card had been absconded with, but thankfully it's just a CPCI Applicard, so those disks actually work just as well. It's sad when old collectors pass away, but at least this computer didn't make it into the landfill since nobody really understood...
  5. T

Franklin CX luggable

I managed to rescue a Franklin CX that's fully working and included the Franklin-specific Applicard CP/M as well as the CX Utilities disks. I made images of both disks and have them posted here--> https://retroactivity.net/index.php/topic,12.msg13.html#new I'll be posting much more about this...
  6. T

New to the Model 4 - looking for parts

Great! Another one I didn't find through a casual Google search. Thank you for the link!
  7. T

Awesome! I'll start there. I've just about exhausted everything that Mr. Google has to offer, so thanks for the fresh trail of breadcrumbs! Cheers!
  8. T

Hello all! I've been collecting classic computers for quite a while now, but I only recently found myself scratching my itch to get into the Model 4. I really only collect computers that I have some past experience with, so this is one more that passes into my collection. I recently acquired...
Back