• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by trickydee

1. T

Intro to the ROMulator for Apple II (and other 6502 machines)

Hi @VERAULT Sorry for the late reply, I don't believe that the Romulator can be used to replace 128k of systems ram as it does not support Bank switching which would be needed to address above 64k. Bank switching support would be useful as it could also provide support for apple ii language...
  2. T

Apple II Europlus - Ram issue white blocks instead of spaces

Hi @trash_44fr Many thanks for the reply. You have a good point with regard to the overheating components. I had noticed that the RAM (first row), ROM and associated IC’s seem to be warmer than on my other II’s. I was begining to think that it could be due to a failed Clock Crystal. I’ve never...
  3. T

Apple II Europlus - Ram issue white blocks instead of spaces

Hi All, I have just started to repair a Europlus which has a strange issue. The machine will boot to the applesoft “Apple ][“ ] prompt, and will even allow a small basic program or a call -151 to run. After a small amount of time white block start to appear on the screen in the place of spaces...
  4. T

Intro to the ROMulator for Apple II (and other 6502 machines)

@bitfixer I’m looking forward to using the romulator in my apple ii plus. But i’ve noticed that the board doesn’t quite clear the height of the expansion slots. What’s the best method to bump the height, Is it best to stack a few 40 Pin sockets between the cpu socket and the romulator? or maybe...
  5. T

Working 5150 Died, can I test Motherboard caps in situ with ESR?

Hi All, Over the last year I have been working on building a nice clean 5150. And had just got to the point where I had the machine working reliably when it stopped working ... The machine was my second 5150 which I was also using to debug a fault on another 5150 (which has a constant noise on...
  6. T

IBM 5150 continuous beep on powerup

Hi, I have a battered old IBM 5150 PC (64-256k revision) that I am trying to resurrect. I cleaned up the mainboard and power supply, but when I came to test powering on the board, the C7 Capacitor at the top right of the mainboard (near J7 / COMP text) popped and smoked after about 10...
Back