• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Tweak112

1. T

PS/2 Model 50 (8550) - Question about input voltage

I just picked up a Model 50. The lady I bought it from originally acquired it in the United States and brought it back to Europe. Since we have a higher voltage output of our power sockets compared to the US (230V vs. 110V) she always used a transformer when working with the PC. Unfortunately...
  2. T

Can't boot from hard drive (PS/2 P70)

Hello folks, today i changed the CMOS battery of my P70 and tried to start up the machine. Since all the configuration got lost, I had to reconfigure my system with the reference diskette. Now when i try to boot the machine without a boot-diskette the hard drive goes absolutely crazy and does...
  3. T

IBM P70 Error 221

Hi folks, today I got my first IBM Model P70 If I start up the machine, everything seems fine at the beginning except that the memory count is extremely slow. It counts up to 20mb and after that I hear two beeps and the display shows Error 221: ROM to RAM copy failed. I already have checked...
  4. T

IBM PS/2 Model 50 new floppy drive

Hey folks, i recently bought a IBM PS/2 Model 50 unfortunately without a working floppy drive. The problem is that i need a "new old" floppy drive pretty soon to reinstall MS-DOS. Since it is quite hard to find such old drives i was wondering, if it is possible to plug a newish IDE drive into...
Back