• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by ugadawg84

1. U

TexElec ISA IDE to SD Adapter on IBM 5150

TexElec was just trying to take one step at a time by suggesting the small SD card to get a customer up and running and, for that, I'm very grateful to them.
  2. U

An update on this. I acquired a copy of MSDOS 5.0 and began the install procedure. 5.0 only recognized the 2 floppy drives and only gave floppy installation of 5.0 as an option. I then took the 16Mb SD card out of the 5150 and put it in my modern laptop. I blew away the previous DOS...
  3. U

Has anyone been able to get this card operational on an IBM 5150 with any version of DOS other than 5.0? My setup: - IBM PC 5150 equipped with 2X 360K 5.25 floppy disks - Total memory = 512K (256K on system board and 256K on IBM memory card adapter) - IBM CGA card adapter - ROM is correct for...
  4. U

XT-IDE (Texelec SD version) problem with 5150. Any ideas?

I just received a TexElec IDE/SD card SKU: TETEIDE2SD. I have a 5150 with original floppy disk controller. Right now, DOS 3.1 is not "seeing" the card via FDISK. The company recommended a very small SD card. I just ordered a new 16Mb SD card and I'm awaiting receipt. Separately, I do wish...
Back