• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by vaxorcist

1. vaxorcist

Western Europe Dec cable BC19D-02

Have you still got BC19D-02 cables? I'd like two for my DSV11, but one would do. How much is the postage to Germany?
  2. vaxorcist

UQSSP

I think you will need to implement this part only if you want to support the (rare) MicroVAX I: => ; (this is only needed when the host is a MicroVAX I) This (to cover the rare MicroVAX I) would be really nice (I've got one ;-)), but is it really worth the effort? Ulli
  3. vaxorcist

DEC "Leprechaun" Box Power Supply (30-22561) Schematics wanted

Yes, that was the "official" nickname. Good-natured Leprechauns of course! Why? - Relatively small in size but big in usefulness ...
  4. vaxorcist

Thanks for the info! I will test again as I cannot remember exactly how I did my testing a longer time ago ...
  5. vaxorcist

I own several very useful DEC "Leprechaun" Boxes, e.g. RD54-DB, RD53-DB, TK50-DB, RX50-DB, but in all but one the Power Supply has failed. Has anyone got the Maintenance Print Set (sorry, I don't know the number) or just the schematics for the power supply? Thanks!
  6. vaxorcist

Anyone got a DMP11 (M8207-YA) or DMP11 ROM images? / DDCMP usage

@tradde: Just for couriosty: How much would you want for the two boards?
  7. vaxorcist

The picture http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/unibus/firmware/DMC11/DMC11_b.jpg shows "M8207" on the bottom left. The ROM DEC part numbers at http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/unibus/firmware/DMC11/DMC11_f.jpg (hard to read even if I use my glasses) are: Bottom right, downwards: - (23-)103F3 -...
  8. vaxorcist

Very interesting - no DEC part numbers on the ROMs! DEC used to label its ROMs with part numbers - how should the field service have identified ROM versions otherwise? I think the missing part numbers and the differing IC producers are a hint that an update had been applied to this DMR11...
  9. vaxorcist

Sorry, I should have been a little more precise. When I said "DMP11" I meant the DMP11 communication processor. The M8203 is the identical line unit for both the DMR11 and the DMP11 communication processors. So what is needed is the M8207-YA resp. the ROMs thereof. But thanks anyway for your...
  10. vaxorcist

I'd like to be able to update my DMR11 to a DMP11 (enable DDCMP multipoint operation). According to the print sets (DMR11: MP00911, DMP11: MP00795) the only difference between the two is the set of ROMs. The DMP11 has got the following ROMs: - 23-057F4 - 23-058F4 - 23-059F4 - 23-062F4 - 23-063F4...
  11. vaxorcist

Looking for H7100 VAX-11/780 Power Supply Field Maintenance Print Set

Thanks a lot again - Let me know when / what I can do for you! Ulli
  12. vaxorcist

P.S. Have you got other DEC Maintenance Print Sets not yet on bitsavers?
  13. vaxorcist

That's great! Thanks a lot - it will save a lot of work. Ulli
  14. vaxorcist

BA23 Cooling and H9278 Power Supply Questions

I asked this questions ten years ago at comp.os.vms.narkive.com, but there were no substantial answers: I have several BA23 enclosures with differing cooling assemblies and power supplies. I'm not sure everything is still as it once was when it was sold. Questions concerning the BA23 cooling...
  15. vaxorcist

Hi Matt, the world is small ... Thank you very much for the schematics! It would be very nice if you could scan the EK-PS780-TD VAX-11/780 Power System Technical Description. I've got the one for the 11/750 PSUs and find it very informative. What parts were faulty in your H7100s? Which program...