• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VileR's latest activity

• VileR
    VileR replied to the thread Area 5150 for IBM PC 4.77MHz.
    The rotating 3D object scene has a couple of IRQ handlers where long sequences of NOPs are used to fine-tune the timing of certain...
  • VileR
    For me it was mostly fasm on my modern desktop, then PCem for quick testing (as far as my own parts of the code are concerned it mostly...
  • VileR
    Most parts are expected to run well enough on clones, but sections like the end credits are more sensitive to inaccuracies than anything...
  • VileR
    Some good news on the non-IBM front. Area 5150 runs correctly on a Compaq Portable all the way through: (ignore the TV).
  • VileR
    VileR reacted to resman's post in the thread Area 5150 for IBM PC 4.77MHz with Like Like.
    Yes!
  • VileR
    Glad you liked it! Ha- never heard of that game until now, but apparently there's a 'Super Life of Pixel' now which includes a...
  • VileR
    The per-frame code really doesn't take all that much CPU time - IIRC no more than ~20% in this version ("profiled" using border-color...
  • VileR
    Yes, that's "ansi-from-hell" at 80x100 characters. That's why the tiles weren't simply converted from the arcade version (they had to...
  • VileR
    No, but perhaps it can help indirectly if your board and drivers let you use it as UMBs (or even just the page frame window) to free up...
  • VileR
    We do want to shrink that RAM footprint somewhat - there's quite a bit of flexibility as to when we can load and unload various bits of...
  • VileR
    Yes, please watch the second video linked by reenigne in post #4. The one in the OP was taken from the video shown at the party - we had...
  • VileR
    VileR reacted to resman's post in the thread More CGA "even lower res" shenanigans with Like Like.
    While looking at a VGA Mode-X image viewer I wrote some time ago, it got me thinking that we're missing some modes on the CGA that...
  • VileR
    This is a question that gets asked from time to time, and I've been researching this in the past day or so, and there is a lot of...
  • VileR
    Didn't they have that "manufacturing test" device mentioned in the BIOS listing, which loaded custom code through the keyboard port...
  • VileR
    The 8088 only gets a small fraction of the total frame time to push all this data out, if you want to avoid display issues. That's a...