• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by VinnieMan

1. V

Accessing BASIC ROM Calls From Assembly

Thanks to everyone who helped me find the necessary setup routines in order to call Model I ROM BASIC routines from a DOS-based assembly language program. I’ve gathered all my findings in an article in the latest issue of TRS8bit. Click the “Downloads” link here: http://www.trs-80.org.uk/
  2. V

For anyone who’s interested, I expect that Dusty will have my article about setting up to call Model I Math ROM subroutines in the March 2024 issue of TRS8bit magazine.
  3. V

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed.
  4. V

Does anyone know how to “initialize” Model I Disk BASIC so that its ROM calls (ie, floating point math) can be used from a TRSDOS machine code application? I believe that at least one program did this “back in the day”—Phelps Gates amazing APL/80.
  5. V

Ancient operating systems - Percom's Microdos!

I remember MicroDos! It enabled you to have a double-density “system” disk with a minimum of clutter and a maximum of room—especially useful on single-disk systems!
  6. V

SAM76 Language on Adventure disk

Does this ring a bell with anyone? I recall a copy of Adventure (“Microsoft Adventure”? It definitely wasn’t one of Scott Adams’ amazing works) that tan either on my Model I or, less likely, as an MS-DOS application on my Tandy 1000SX. What was unique was that you could enter an escape code to...
  7. V

March 2022 edition of TRS8BIT

I’m new to this forum, so I’ve actually replied in a new post, below.
  8. V

Thanks for your interest! So far, I’ve written, tested and documented the following procedures: -line scanning routines (Skip While, Skip Until, Gather While, Gather Until) matching arbitrary character sets or specific sets (alpha, numeric, whitespace, operators, etc) -skip “meaningless” (empty...
  9. V

Looking forward to the latest issue! I’ve been catching up on every one since I discovered trs80gp. I’m regaining the joy of learning and programming that gave me such pleasure back in the late 1970s. I’m writing an assembler in BASIC—just for the fun of it—and documenting the steps I take to...
Back