• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

vrs42's latest activity

• vrs42
    vrs42 replied to the thread What did I do to my PDP-8 today..
    Not really. The container I have is "Holloway House Quick Shine", but I suspect any mop-n=glo type product would do. Basically the...
  • vrs42
    Sintered nylon parts are definitely very porous and prone to picking up all sorts of grime. I've had some luck soaking them in "floor...
  • vrs42
    It's Verilog, as extracted from a TTL schematic. I can send it to you if you're still interested. Vince
  • vrs42
    Possibly. However, doing that implies a learning curve for ModelSim, and presumes that I also fully understand how to model the...
  • vrs42
    There are three designs I need to debug, which all use the same board and CPLD pin-out. The serial is fairly simple, but the extended...
  • vrs42
    I've been trying to set up an HP1630G to look at the Omnibus. There's a fancy new memory/boot loader under there with a serial port...
    • Analyzer.jpg
  • vrs42
    vrs42 replied to the thread PDP-8 OS handlers.
    I had a DSD floppy with a DIP switch like that. It got stuck in "format a new floppy" mode and erased my boot disk (grumble). (Alas, I...
  • vrs42
    I can see uses for such a thing, but I also think it's extremely handy to have all those RK05 images useable, and I can't see how you'd...
  • vrs42
    Alas, P?S8 isn't much like OS/8. Each system does come with a system device handler which typically supports up to 8 units. Non-system...
  • vrs42
    Eagle drawings, photographs of the board, etc. can be found here: https://svn.so-much-stuff.com/svn/trunk/Eagle/projects/DEC/TSC8-75/...
  • vrs42
    The late Charles Lasner used to lament that unit numbers were never implemented in OS/8. Then you'd only need a slot per driver, not a...
  • vrs42
    vrs42 replied to the thread PDP-8/e case lid latch.
    My Power supply side is missing the latches (and the power supply guard to keep your fingers out of there). Here's what I have for the...
    • 8ELatch.jpg
  • vrs42
    I receieved today prototype PCBs of my take on thiis. I've got a few AT1508 supposedly on the way, arriving end of week. I should be...
  • vrs42
    I've had several colleagues who've experienced top block failures, so I'd inspect the heck out of those, too. Bad solder, cracked...
  • vrs42
    drilling a 5mm hole, cutting a 6mm thread, srewing in a M6 Nylon screw. Cutting the length and pressing the front flat with an engineers...