• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Wappynutter

1. Wappynutter

Compaq Armada 3500 wont start.

Thanks for the info GiGaBiTe, I'll get on it when I have 5 mins. As far as power goes I am using my bench power supply as mostly these compaqs sold with the docking station which uses a standard power cord. My unit is on its own and requires a 3 pin sickle tip 15v psu which I don't have and is...
  2. Wappynutter

No, no power on, I'd fry myself and the board... Big bang etc... I'm wondering about the transistor located above the cap. As far as exact reference I may struggle as the board is rare it seems. Next to no info or reference about. Found the manual but little else. Thanks for the input.
  3. Wappynutter

Had an hour today so set up and started probing and checking about the board. Power supply connected and still we beep on beep off like it's shorted out maybe?? Anyway, power connected, not turned on obviously as it instant shuts down and I start to check both sides of the motherboard, finger...
  4. Wappynutter

So... tried the different cpu module but still shuts down. Almost a beep on beep off scenario.. Cpu module removed and the motherboard stays powered on. Anybody have a Compaq Armada 3500 motherboard schematic to trace voltages. Thanks in advance for any help or advice, appreciated.
  5. Wappynutter

So quick check, the 23305002AB is 1.7v core voltage where as the original cpu module 30005002AA is 1.6v core voltage. So I'm guessing yes it would fit but could be unstable or not work as it's v core is under the spec voltage. Also I did check the capacitor pads once I'd removed the caps and...
  6. Wappynutter

So buzzed the caps at c14 and c35 on the powerboard as they were shorted to ground and before I removed and did this I followed the traces to the pins on the chips The chip LTC1435CS shows pin 10 which the caps go to are ground chips. I'm guessing that's why they buzz out. Upon removal both caps...
  7. Wappynutter

I'll dig out some removal gear and buzz them when I get the chance. Thanks for the quick reply.
  8. Wappynutter

So... maybe scratch the previous post. As I stated I went around buzzing capacitors on the MMC-1 board, the motherboard and then rebuzzed the dc/dc power distribution board and found 2 capacitors that have continuity. C14 and C35 both buzz and zero to ground. Both seem to link to adjacent...
  9. Wappynutter

So....... We now have power after a part recap of the dc/dc powerboard.. but.... We are on then off powerswitch wise...😥 It's like We have a short that shuts the board down. Why do I think this? Well if I remove the MMC-1 280 pin 300mhz cpu card the motherboard powers up and stays on, cpu card...
  10. Wappynutter

Toshiba 110cs Rip...

Damn Mark, I know how that feels. I'm unsure how to proceed with the 110 without removing chips and connectors where the corrosion hides. Keyboard connector is the worse I think, along with the controller. Screen has died from capacitor problems too I'm sure. The 110 boots sort of, flashing...
  11. Wappynutter

Toshiba 110cs Rip...

Found some hidden corrosion under the pcmcia slots.. how it got there I've no idea.. Sneaky, I've cleaned it best I can. Will rebuild it tomorrow and try again. Replaced the fdd drive belt while it's in bits. Can't guarantee that'll work either as I spy a tantalum cap and a smd resistor on the...
  12. Wappynutter

Toshiba 110cs Rip...

I'm thinking the smd and the brown one unless that too is a polymer as I'm unsure. Gotta check the power boards in the dstn screen and backlight on the 210 as before it stopped displaying it started flickering and white lines on the screen before it went off. Hopefully that wasn't another cpu...
  13. Wappynutter

Toshiba 110cs Rip...

Lucky guy, I'm happy that at least yours survived the Varta purge..lol.. Unfortunately for me I think all 3 systems have died after either a clean or power up. I'm hoping that at least 1 of them is caps failed and another is caps and screen inverter caps/backlight... Neither want to display to...
  14. Wappynutter

Toshiba 110cs Rip...

Fingers crossed.🤞.. share the continued adventures of the 430cdt once it arrives. We like a happy ending where vintage tech is concerned. 👍
  15. Wappynutter

Toshiba 110cs Rip...

On a plus they didn't use the old line "untested". If it posts to bios for now it may be okay. I say that with confidence and faith. 30 year old tech can be temperamental as I keep finding out. If You're unsure of the authenticity of the working image of the machine just Google search the...
Back