• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by willyk

1. W

MicroVax 3100-96 boot problems

Hello vcf friends. It turns out I am the proud owner of two Microvax 3100 systems. An acquaintance gave them to me something like 13 years ago and they have been sitting in a corner of my office ever since. I dug them out today and played with them a bit. I am not very familiar with these nor...
  2. W

RS232 Cable for DLV11J cards

I recently found someone on Ebay selling serial cables to connect the 10 pin connector on a DLV11J QBUS interface card to an RS232 DB25 connector. Its apparently built to match Johns Wilson's diagram http://www.dbit.com/wilson/dlvdb25/dlvdb25.pdf I found something very similar in my PDP-11...
  3. W

Triva Question: Anyone recognize the PCB board layout?

Hi I have spent the last few days inventorying my spare board collection to determine if I can populate a couple PDP-11 QBUS backplanes I have. Looks like I may be able to put at least one 18 bit system together. But in the process I found an odd un-populated PCB board in a package with a...
  4. W

When and which PCs stopped supporting 2 floppy drives?

Hi old friends, haven't visited here in a while, but I'm revisiting some of my old 386 systems as I have a need to run MSDOS for real rather than in a DOS box under WinDoze so I can use David Dunfields IMD imagedisk program. So I wanted to outfit one of my older systems with two floppies. Much...
  5. W

Win9x Iomega 1-Step backup

Hi old friends, I apologize for not coming here more often. Its where my heart is. I got interested in this old program format, and am trying to reverse engineer it. I have put a web page up at http://www.willsworks.net/iomega-1-step-backup I'll be fleshing this out in the next couple weeks...
  6. W

Can anyone identify this terminal?

This is apparently in use with a CPM based system running of all things a Sythesizer. An aquaintance asked me if I could ID it. It looks familiar, I think in the mid 1980s there were a lot of these in our accounting office, but not sure. The name that comes to my mid is Wyse. Any thoughts...
  7. W

McLevier, early sythesizer based on PDP-11/23

Anyone remember or know anything about these? I have some notes where I and some others from the info-pdp forum tried to help Graham Birmingham get one running. There is a general description at this link: http://www.synthmuseum.com/mcleyvier/ The web site above suggest only about 8 were...
  8. W

accessing USB Thumb drives from DOS

I just got interesting in this general topic recently. I think most of the world thought about it between 2002 and 2004 as the Win9x series came out which has adequate support for this. Rather than make a long post I have created a web page with references and my nominal success...
  9. W

Windows ME problem with regenv32.exe (I think)

I've switched to XP for the machines I use reguarly, but it will soon be beyond support also. Am a simplistic guy and used Win9x a long time. I'd like to keep a few of my WinME machines running if possible. One of them has started to act weird at boot. Pretty sure it is related to...
  10. W

Vt102 and DECTAPES available in CT

Greetings to my OCD friends still collecting this stuff. I've been out of town until recently, but am back in CT trying to clean out my Dad's basement. Just found a box of 40 or more DECTAPE cartridges if anyone is interested in media. I added a picture of one of these, the little plastic...
  11. W

old stuff, esp 1/2" data tapes, LA120 logic boards, rl02 logic boards available

Hello old and new friends, I'm not very active anymore, but am still clearing stuff out of my dad's collection trying to get the house empty. I fear the list in the title won't have a lot of interest to anyone, but before going to the big dumpster I thought I should post it. I have at least 20...
  12. W

MLSI-DLV11 configuration help/info

I recently obtained a DLV11 clone manufactured by 'MDB systems inc' on Ebay. It appears to have some solder style jumper points and a 10 position dip switch. Anyone have a spec sheet or know of this card, I'm not finding anything useful with my google search. Thanks RSX11M+ requested an...
  13. W

VT102 Style Terminals and RL02 (for $) available in CT

Hi Group: I haven't been very active in the last couple years but will try to be better. I'm the person who posted the two PDP11 systems on Ebay the other week. Still have some odds and ends around. See old image: http://www.willsworks.net/forsale/VT100s.jpg The RX0? drive is gone, but I have...
  14. W

"Clock Plus Card" software or docs

Hi, I'm a newbie here. I have an old "Clock Plus Card" for an XT class machine. I have no software nor docs for it. It has a battery, a couple small IC's and a Mitsubishi M5L8255AP-5 chip which looks like it does most of the work. Seems to be set to use ports 0x20c to 0x20f. Anyone have one...
Back