• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by WimWalther

1. W

Midwest WTB: TDA1022 IC Chip

I need one TDA1022 Chip to repair a piece of equipment I'm working on. Please LMK what you have. Yes, I'm aware of eBay offerings. Thanks in advance!
  2. W

Midwest CBM / Commodore PET 40/80 Column + ROM Switcher PCBs $8.00

Steve, Hey, thank you for your fine work! Guys like you make the F/OSS world go 'round. I've not installed one on my own PET 4016, as I really have no use for 80col software, but others seem to really like your boards. I've probably sent out 25 or so to various places in USA & Canadia...
  3. W

I have a few more boards arriving in about two weeks. There are currently (3) pcs that remain unsold. VCFED price is $5/ea including shipping to the USA. Canada is possible but slightly more, you hosers
  4. W

VIC-20 Name that Game

No. It's nothing as common as Jupiter Lander, nor is there a "gravity" or other physics element in the gameplay. And it came on cassette..
  5. W

VIC-20 Name that Game

Nah, it's a navigate-the-maze game.. fairly static, a test of nerve kind of thing. And it was almost certainly on cassette, as I never had a 1540/1 with my VIC.
  6. W

VIC-20 Name that Game

Hey folks, Trying to recall the name of a game, from my earliest times as a VIC owner. This would have been ca. 1982.. It was a maze game, you could say, where you piloted a ship around the screen, avoiding walls & obstacles, scoring points (I believe..) and attempting to clear the screen...
  7. W

Re-purposing a Dell laptop PSU - Question

@DeltaDon Thanks for finding that, though it's a typically info-poor YT video. Really, all points of interest could have been covered in about 20-30 seconds - and he never bothers to tell us WHICH WIRE IS WHICH, though this seems to be critically important. From the first schematic, it seems...
  8. W

That's what I was thinking, FWIW. But no t knowing what it expects is bugging me. So do I just ignore the 'extra' conductor, or tie it to +/-?
  9. W

Btw, I believe the original plug had a 3 conductor design: Outer cylinder, inner cylinder and center pin. So it seems all 3 conductors were being brought into the laptop case
  10. W

I'd like to reuse a 19.5V Dell laptop PSU, but ran into something confusing.. The low-voltage cable (plugs into laptop case) turns out to be a "triaxial" design.. that is, starting at the outer jacket and working inward I find: Outer jacket > shield 1 > inner jacket 1 > shield 2 > inner jacket...
  11. W

Midwest RC6502 - Apple 1 Replica / Work-alike 6pc. PCB Sets - $30 shipped

I have 6pc. PCB sets for the modular version of the RC6502 Apple 1 replica / work-alike project. The following boards are included in the set: - Backplane (5-slot) - CPU board - RAM / ROM board - ROM board - Serial board (uses Arduino Nano 3 or compatible) - Clock board All boards are of the...
  12. W

Hi ee, Sorry about this, I didn't see an email from you nor have I been on VCFED recently. I'm really not sure what you mean by "true" 40-columns on the 8032. I've sold a number of these boards without complaint, so I can only assume that they do what's expected of them. But I'm simply not an...
  13. W

Midwest XUM-1541 Built & Tested units For Sale - $39.95

As Chuck said, it's an interface which connects a physical Commodore floppy drive (1540, 1541, 1541-II, etc) to a computet running Windows, Linux, FreeBSD or MacOS. This allows you to read & write floppy discs for use with vintage machines like the C-64 / 128, VIC-20 and so on. It will make a...
  14. W

Midwest XUM-1541 Built & Tested units For Sale - $39.95

Seems like almost no one wants to build a kit today, but the pre-built units are selling.. M So I'm now offering built & tested units for just $5.00 more: Only $39.95 shipped to the USA! I'm producing a small run of complete XUM-1541 II USB (PC & Mac) to CBM 1540, 1541, 1541-II, 1571, 1581...
  15. W

Midwest C64 XUM-1541 aka Zoom Floppy Parts Kits now Available - $35.00/shipped

A XUM-1541 in parallel mode is a bit more than 2X the speed in serial only mode. Altogether it takes about a minute, roughly, to read-in and write-out a standard .d64 image.
Back