• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by WimWalther

1. W

Pre-Production SID chip?

Sadly, no. I sent it down the road at least a decade ago.
  2. W

Model III/4 Display Question

Hey deathshadow, Saw your Elephant Memory Systems avatar, and it reminded me that just yesterday I was thinking about their 5-1/4" floppies and just how utterly terrible they were. My god were they awful, lol. Great logo, though!
  3. W

Pre-Production SID chip?

Speaking of oddball C64.. years ago I picked up what I thought was a VIC-20 at a church sale. I mean, it was in a white VIC case with early metallic VIC badges on it. When I looked at it sometime later, it turned out to have a C64 board - and the case had been milled (like, on a milling machine)...
  4. W

Any interest in C64 Super Snapshot v5 DIY PCBs?

All boards are sold. If there is sufficient interest, I will run a second batch.
  5. W

Cbm 8032 capacitor

The standard digital multimeter (DVM, DMM) is now a completely de-gentrified item. In the US, basic cheap Taiwanese models can be bought any day for around USD $5.00 or even less. A national discount tool retailer "Harbor Freight Tools" often issues coupons for a FREE meter with any purchase...
  6. W

Repairing Atari C-140 Super Pong console - Notes & Comments

I'm still trying to understand the reason for the presence of R12, or lack thereov. At 100K it seems too high in value for an effective pull-up. So then maybe it forms an RC time constant with C14? But again, R12 seems to be deleted from the build on later units. So I suppose it's possible thst...
  7. W

Midwest Wanted: 8" Floppy Drive Enclosure

Sorry, it turns out that it's a complete unit with drives.. not just a bare enclosure. Same for the single drive unit
  8. W

Your first Atari, and last?

First Atari product I now owned was a Video Pinball console (first version) when I was a kid back around 1979. Second through fifth were: an 800 computer, big beige model, a Video Music box, another Video Pinball (first ver) and the Super Pong console that I just posted about repairing in this...
  9. W

Repairing Atari C-140 Super Pong console - Notes & Comments

I know there's some crossover interest between Atari 8-bit and the early game consoles, so I might as well put this here. I'll try to be brief. C-140 Super Pong works, but RH paddle is very erratic and the unit often resets or fails to tally the scores. Paddle issue fixed with normal cleaning...
  10. W

Looking For Some Advice On My Commodore PET Project ?

@SiRSKiNBAD That sounds like a good move to me.. hope you find your buyer straight away.
  11. W

Midwest CBM Single or Dual floppy drive for PET IEEE-488

Would like a working CBM Single or Dual floppy drive with a cable for a card egde connector. What's out there?
  12. W

Midwest Wanted: 8" Floppy Drive Enclosure

I also have a single 8" drive in case w/PSU, as well as a dual 8" case that may have PSU.
  13. W

Looking For Some Advice On My Commodore PET Project ?

As far as where to sell something like the PET - VCFED forum vs. eBay.. Ebay is likely where you'll realize the highest selling price, though not always if the machine is in particularly nice condition or has unique featurex. But of course, an eBay sale is a crapshoot, you really don't know who...
  14. W

Any interest in C64 Super Snapshot v5 DIY PCBs?

It seems that I can send up to 3oz in a standard envelope for $1.20 USD, plus another $0.21 USD for non-machinable. I guess I'll give it a shot if you want - but no refunds if it disappears.. reach me as drlegendre at Google's mail service.
  15. W

C64 PSU options for C64 + 1764 REU?

So as mentioned above, I ordered up one of the Polish supplies. They have several eBay listings, but I found one in particular where you can get the adjustable output version for the same cost as the standard, fixed output version. I'm not really sold on the usefulness of this feature, though...