• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by wjpl

1. W

Toshiba T3200SXC needs new LCD scree, need help finding compatible replacement.

Update (i can no longer edit my post): If you will connect everything the way I did it will work, but it will look okay only in 16-color VGA mode. I noticed that such connection is incorrect, because it raises the contrast by high amount, when 256 colors are displayed - darker colors are...
  2. W

Toshiba T3200SXC needs new LCD scree, need help finding compatible replacement.

It's an old thread, but I just managed to install a new 10.4 inch 640x480 TFT screen into that machine. I 3D printed some mounting adapters, because the new screen had smaller case, and I also had to do solder some wires. The new screen was regular 486/Pentium 1 laptop-style 18 bit, 6bit per...
  3. W

Rescuing Unichip 367c 386DX mainboard (battery leak)

Hello, few months ago I got an untested Am386DX-40 mainboard (Unichip 367c, or 386WB), which apparently had suffered a battery leak. It didn't turn on, it had some traces covered with rust and green substance. I washed it in distilled water with citric acid, then cleaned it with alcohol but it...
  4. W

Abit PB4 mobo (486), ISA sound card - OK in DOS, not detected in Windows

Hello, I have an Abit PB4 mainboard (Rev 1.3, 3 PCI slots, 3 ISA slots) and I tested it with 486 DX2/66 and AMD DX4 100 MHz. I use it currently with 32 MB RAM and S3 64V+ video. It has currently Win98 installed (i tested it also with Win95), and I tried to install various sound cards - SB...
  5. W

Are PC Cards (PCMCIA) and ISA bus electronically compatible?

OK, so it looks that it might be more complicated than I thought... I was just planning to do something like this: solder appropriate pins and make a simple adapter. But after reviewing pinouts, it looks like all data pins are the same, but there are differences related with IRQ and DMA...
  6. W

Are PC Cards (PCMCIA) and ISA bus electronically compatible?

Hello, I would like to connect an ISA sound card to 486 laptop. I couldn't find any information about connecting ISA cards to laptops, so I thought I could construct an adapter by myself. I compared ISA nad PCMCIA pinouts and there a lot of similarities, but does anyone know, if simple 1:1...
Back