• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VIC-20 Repair Book Recommendations

robert_sissco

Experienced Member
I have a Vicky-Twenty build that is giving me some problems (no video, voltages at chips look good, all MOS chips work without issue in a working CR VIC-20 I have, known working video cable with a 1702 monitor) and I have watched some videos on VIC-20 issues involving black videos, and so far nothing works. I went to my library looking for any books I may have on VIC-20 repair/diagnostics, and I have none.

So, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for books on VIC-20 repair and diagnostics. For both this issue, and for any others I may encounter.

If you don't have the right tools, even a good book won't help. Broken ROM, RAM, crystal or glue logic come into my mind. At least the ROM, crystal and glue logic can be exchanged.

The ROMS all work, they were socketed on both the CR board and my vicky-twenty build so I was able to swap them out.

But I was more or less asking about books I guess because I don't have any on VIC-20 repairs, so I was just curious. The tangent at the start was just me rambling.

Back