• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

Help Repairing an Apple Composite Monitor IIe A2m6021X

Hi, I have this monitor and it's producing raster but I'm getting no video. Video is working on other monitors. I have oscilloscopes, HV probes, the works so tools aren't an issue. Has anyone got a repair manual or any guidance? Cheers, Matt
  2. M

WTB: Data General One 5.25" Floppy Cable

Looks like a 37 pin Dsub to IDC type cable?
  3. M

Looking for Sanyo MBC-200 system discs (or maybe 1200?)

I have a Sanyo MBC-200 but no system discs, and have spend ages trawling the internet for them, even searching for sites in Japanese! The only person I found who had some sadly died a while ago. Can anyone else help out. (I have looked the the sticky link above but found nothing). The MBC-200 is...
  4. M

Help repairing a Sanyo MBC-200

I picked up a Sanyo MBC-200 out of a friends garage. I think it's similar to an MBC-1250, with twin Z80's and 128k and then some of RAM. When turned on it shows a screen full of static, and drive A spins continuously. I've replaced both CPU's and reseated all RAM. When I run a logic analyser...
  5. M

TRS-80 Model III drive door mechinism wanted

The bit that the door flap connects too, as mine was too brittle and broke. Also wanted, the metal sheet that covers the motherboard.
  6. M

TRS-80 model III - The Grafyx Solution installation

Hi guys, I've picked up a model III that has a "The Grafyx Solustion" board in it, but one of the wires has popped off. It's labelled U17, but there is no sign of soldering on U17 previously, so I'm not sure what pin it would go on. Is there a manual somewhere? Cheers. Matt
  7. M

C128D drive won't stop spinning

I just picked up a freebie C128D, and when i turn it on the drive won't stop spinning, otherwise everything else is OK. I noticed that on the drive board there is an EPROM which I'm thinking is JIFFY DOS. Dumping the EPROM there seems to be a bunch off FF's inter-dispersed in the ROM, which...
  8. M

Multi format/system tape load?

Given the systems below, could a single tape could be crafted to load a program successfully on all of them? I'm fairly sure the answer is no, but how close could you get? FM formats: Atari 3995Hz 5327Hz CBM 1488Hz 1953Hz 2840Hz ZX Spectrum 1000Hz 2000Hz...
  9. M

Atari 400 keyboard stuck

Hi guys, The 'R' key on a "mint" Atari 400 I bought off e-bay seems to be stuck. I've unplugged the keyboard and it stops printing 'R's so I don't believe it's hardware. Does anyone have any idea how to un-stick it?
  10. M

Looking for a vectrex volume/power switch.

Hi guys, I broke the Power/Volume Knob on my Vectrex. I think it's a single gang, dpst, 10kohm log, with a 0.5cm shaft and a flat edge, barrel diameter of about 1". I can't find anyone who sells the exact one I need. I suspect they'd also be used on old TV's. Any websites that would have...
  11. M

Atari 1050 drive slipping belt

My 1050 drive is failing to turn as the belt is slipping? But I'm wondering if the belt is slipping because it is worn, or because the disk is clamped too tight. Is there some way to decrease the clamp force on the disk?
  12. M

What was the last computer released with built-in basic?

I'm guessing the Acorn Archimedes?
  13. M

Help with broken Apple IIc

Hi, I've been looking for an Apple 2c repair guide on google but can't seem to track it down, so I'm asking you guys. I bought a 2c recently and when turned on it produces the screens as below, can someone tell me what they think is wrong? I put read all the roms in a reader and they seem...
Back