• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

What do DOS programmers expect?

Not sure what I'll do with this, but ... just trying to define what a "dos like" programming environment would require. I've got these: interupts: dos & bios DPMI,VCPI,xms services. Video memory access i/o port access are there any other resources, special addresses or hidden whatever that...
  2. M

Anyone know what the 1MB 286/386 clones memory map was?

I guess the first 640KB was at 0-9FFFF, but where was the other 384KB mapped? These were around before DOS had HIMEM.SYS etc. It seems a waste to have RAM at A0000-FFFFF, but I seem to remember that these computers had extensive shadowing, so maybe 0C0000-11FFFF? Or was this a configurable...
  3. M

networking on 98dos

Hey, How do people network 98dos computers to windows computers? I've got a computer with just the dos part of 98 on a small partition. I want to push some data onto it, over a network. I remember, years ago, setting up true dos machines with DosAddOn, (or was it MsClient?) with a server...
  4. M

I need a TEXT Word Processor

Hi, I'm looking for a word processor that produces a file I can print without using windows drivers. It doesn't have to be old but needs to support Esc/p codes. In the dim, dark recesses of my mind .... I can remember a word processor notable for the following features, * It produced a text...
Back