• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

IBM 5100 System

It's been a while since I updated this thread and for what it's worth I thought I would give a brief overview of what I've been up to for the last few months. One of my goals from the beginning has been to archive the original IBM tape cartridges I have, and any others I might come across. The...
  2. S

IBM 5100 System

I had seen this article somewhere as well and found a few pics of the machine, which is in the Smithsonian. The SCAMP machine was clearly the inspiration for the 5100 and even the front panel layout looks very similar. I recently found a picture of an IBM 3767 Communications Terminal from about...
  3. S

IBM 5100 System

A Little progress A Little progress I opened the 5100 up and looked inside for the first time today and the condition of the interior is pretty amazing for a 35 year old machine. I took the cover off and took some pics, and I am posting some. I should probably check power supply voltages, but...
  4. S

TRS-80 Model 4P

I got one of these a while back and it's in good shape, but it is missing the little screw-in "foot" on the bottom. It's not a priority, but I thought I would ask here if anyone has a parts machine they could pull one of these off of. If so, just tell me what you want for it (within reason lol)...
  5. S

IBM 5100 System

Here are a few pictures of the 5100 (if I am doing this right. I will take more as I go.
  6. S

IBM 5100 System

Hello all, I was recently able to acquire a complete IBM 5100 system including a 5103 printer, 5106 tape drive, documentation, and tape cartridges from one of the original owners of the company that purchased it in 1978. It was used for only a year or so before being put into storage, so...
  7. S

Parts for IBM 5103 printer/ Epson MX-80 F/T tractor feed

I recently acquired an IBM 5103 dot matrix printer that needs some miscellaneous small parts. I am looking for either a parts machine, a complete printer, or the specific parts I need (whichever way works). These came out in 1975, so the pickings are slim as far as parts go. If you have anything...
  8. S

Osborne 1 keyboard problem

Some time ago I bought an Osborne 1 (tan case) that is in good working condition except that its keyboard is dead. A good keyboard from another Osborne 1a works fine. The keyboard cable and connectors seem to be OK (checked with multimeter). This leaves the keyswitch assembly as the culprit, and...
  9. S

5.25 floppy questions

I have been trying to install a 5.25 360kb dd drive (Hi-Tech Peripherals 548-50 HS) in an older PC to use for transfering teledisk images to floppies. I have set the drive as drive B in the bios, checked cabling (tried 2 cables) and set drive selection jumper to DS1. One computer does not see...
  10. S

Anyone have experience with Access Matrix?

Hello, I recently bought an Access Matrix portable computer from around 1983. Overall it is in relatively good condition and complete considering that it was clearly well used. With the printer and handset modem on top it has a certain funkyness that appeals to me. Unfortunately no software or...
  11. S

Osborne 1 -software & part

Hello, I have an Osborne 1 that appears to be in working condition but I do not have a boot disk or any other software or original documentation. I would like to either buy a set of original disks or backup disks if someone could copy theirs. Any pertinent documentation would be nice to find...
Back