• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

64 CIA chip question

If I touch the joystick port while the system is off and unplugged, will it be damaged?
  2. T

Vintage Sony Walkmans

Anyone got these to sell in working condition for cheap? I'm looking to start adding to my 80's walkman collection.
  3. T

Good PC to start off with?

I'm wondering what would be an inexpensive classic XT/AT computer for DOS gaming. What would be the base price for an XT class machine and a CGA/EGA monitor?
  4. T

Cocktail cabinet games

Can anyone find a comprehensive list of arcade games in the tabletop "cocktail" format? I always liked these.
  5. T

Cheapest retro arcade game?

What would be a really cheap retro arcade machine to start out with? I'm looking to branch out into arcade games, but I don't know exactly what the price range for them is.
  6. T

Thomson EGA monitor

Does anyone actually have one of these? http://books.google.com/books?id=voPUUGTC56UC&pg=PA205&dq=thomson+ega+monitor&hl=en&sa=X&ei=5W6RT6zOG4qf6QHX1LmLBA&ved=0CFMQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false
  7. T

Printers?

Which one should I get for my C64? I've heard that they're pretty cheap.
  8. T

Ultima V

I've been looking for this game for a while, and I'm wondering if anyone who had it could make a spare copy of it to swap for free.
  9. T

Commodore 1351 mouse, left handed?

I'm a lefty, and I'm wondering if the cord on the 1350/1351 mouse is long enough to use on the left side of the computer.
  10. T

Commodore 64 fan

I'm wondering what's the best way to cool off a Commodore 64 PSU. Should I put a house fan on top of it? I've found that only one face seems to heat up when I have it on a block of wood, so should I direct the fan towards that face? Is a fan even necessary?
  11. T

Epson MX-80 Centronics?

What's the oldest Epson printer to have the Centronics Parallel Connector? I'm wondering if I could hook an MX-80 up to an IBM compatible PC.
  12. T

Amdek 310 question

Yes, but does it go orange? Like Compaq Portable III orange?
  13. T

Where's a good place to buy DOS games?

Anyone got a good site for buying 80's DOS games from the XT/AT era?
  14. T

Amdek 310 question

Is there any way to adjust the tint shade of the Amdek amber monochrome monitors? I need a mono hercules monitor, but I can't stand the yellow colour. I'd much prefer it to be an orange colour, like the Compaq Portable III. Also, is there a green screen version of the Amdek 310 MDA/Hercules monitor?
  15. T

How much should I use my C64?

I have a very nice condition Commodore 64C, but I don't want to wear it out too much. I use a house fan on the PSU, so how much should I use it per day? Right now, I do around 30 minutes per day.
  16. T

Platinum Monochrome monitor

Is there a monochrome monitor that matches the colour scheme of the Apple IIe Platinum/IIc Plus? I found this one on Vectronic's Apple World, which appears to be a platinum version of the classic Monochrome Monitor II. Does anyone else have this?
  17. T

EGA monitors

It seems like the only EGA monitors I can find are either no-names, or the expensive IBMs. Are there any decent 3rd party EGA monitors made by companies like Sony, Magnavox, or Sanyo? Any pictures to prove?
  18. T

Tandy 1000SX 768K RAM

I'm considering buying a Tandy 1000 machine, and I've singled out the SX as the easiest to find. However, I've heard that the Tandy machines need 768K of RAM, because the TGA video uses up part of the system RAM. Could I buy chips and place them in empty sockets on the mobo, or do I have to get...
  19. T

XT/AT clone case?

I'm getting interested in vintage MS-DOS PC gaming, and I'd like an 8088 or a 286 to play games on. However, my searches for a suitable machine have came up dry. I thought it might be a good idea to build my own MS-DOS machine, but where would I find an empty case?
  20. T

Wanted: Commodore 64C

I'm looking for a Commodore 64C to use as a spare until I can get the parts to repair my C64 breadbox. It must be from an NTSC region. Please test it and verify that it works perfectly (if you could post a video, that would be great). I'd like it to be in nice condition, as little yellowing as...
Back