• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Q

Fun with Joysticks and Pango

My XT project is coming along swimmingly, and I've been fooling around with classic games. For the first time ever I plugged a CGA card into a TV and got to experience Composite mode and it's extended colors. That was fun. I got a CH game card ('1985') and it works fine with the box of old...
  2. Q

Right memory to buy for XT?

My IBM 5160 has 512K on the motherboard in the first two memory banks. It had an AST SixPakPlus board that took it up to 640k. I've pulled that out for now, and am interested in populating the motherboard the rest of the way up to 640k. But, I can't figure out the right memory to use based on...
  3. Q

XT IDE news or status?

I've watched (and drooled over) the XT IDE work on and off for a few years, and I see some spin-off projects like the one over at http://dangerousprototypes.com/2012/03/27/peacon-xt-cf-board/ . Any news or status on the project? I guess I have the normal questions: Is the project still active...
  4. Q

Any project to connect CGA/EGA monitor to windows (maybe via USB)

I didn't turn up anything with Google, but have you heard of anything to connect a CGA or EGA monitor to a windows box as an additional monitor? I'm mostly thinking about use in DosBox, honestly, but there could be other fun, too. On the "simpler" end, maybe a driver/hack in dosbox could send...
  5. Q

Empty (BIOS?) sockets on a clone XT, any fun to be had?

I've got a clone XT (Labeled Peach XT, with a hinged easy-open case) that I'm trying to get fully functional. I noticed a row of empty sockets between the memory banks and the ISA slots. The end socket has the BIOS but the rest are open. The motherboard looks like this Dell or this...
  6. Q

Bad memory on a Clone XT

I've got a Clone XT (labeled "Peach XT" - can't find anything online about such a cool beast). It boots OK and runs dos, but errors out on some programs - "bigger" ones - I think it is a bad memory chip. I found the memroy chips for sale (hm50256p-15 - 256k DRAM, KM4164B-15 - 64k DRAM) but I...
Back